Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,
Slept very poorly last night, but I'm thankful to be upright and on track this morning! Now I'm drinking coffee and eating some banana bread I made this weekend. Watching Fox News to see what the ding-dongs in Wisconsin are going to do today. Sheesh, suck it up already. Sorry, no sympathy here.

Today is work for me and school for the kids. The youngest is super excited about Dr. Seuss' birthday today, so it shouldn't be hard to wake her up today! I'm going to be getting my groceries when the youngest 2 are at church school so that it saves me gas money not having to go back to town to pick them up. I've heard that food prices are going up, too, so I'm not looking forward to it.

I NEED to finish up my taxes either today or tomorrow. I'm just lazy, there's no excuse. Wish me luck!

Have a great day, all!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am off to a very frugal start today. The kids and I ran down the street to Chick-Fil-A for free chicken and biscuit breakfast sandwiches. (every Wed this month they are giving away free breakfast in our area) I have gotten some laundry started that I will hang to dry in a bit. Then we are heading to the library for our homeschool lunch group and to get some new books. It should be a very cheap and relaxing day.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Peanuts got to wear their pajamas to school today for Dr. Seuss's b-day as well as take their favorite Dr. S books with them. Of course, this had them excited to get up and at 'em. Doesn't happen much when they need to allow time to get dressed. LOL

I took Ace for a walk after dropping off the kids, went to pick up a bottle of cod liver oil (store brand at small supermarket not a bad price) and returned DVDs to the library. So of course I now have a notice saying that one I put on hold is in. Might have to work our route to town for Wednesday night church stuff to run by there.

Ate the last of some chicken and rice pilaf from the other night. The kids took spaghetti and they have some soup to take tomorrow. We eat at church on Wednesdays so there aren't usually leftovers on Thursdays for lunch but this week there is. :)

Oh, and need to put chicken in frig to defrost for tomorrow's lunch. I'm helping at the book fair at school in the afternoon so crock pot is in order.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
lets see, up early, unloaded dishwasher, folded a load of towels, had lots of joe, watched news, checked emails, got dd off to school, volunteered at school for one hour. came home, let dogs out, threw in some laundry, carried a clean basket of laundry up, changed and went to yoga, came home, made braised chix for dinner, took a little "ME" time and laid down for about 45 minutes, got dd off bus, did homework w/ her, fed her, played a few games w/ her, made one of the beds w/ clean fresh laundered sheets and blankies, put dd to bed and now chillin w/ a glass of red...my usual MO...lol

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm checking in pretty late today. Ran errands, did some grocery shopping, and now dealing with my older girls and their messy room. I'm also working on putting together a housewarming gift for a friend, going up the mountain to visit her tomorrow morning and work on a homework assignment.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Watched the Biggest Loser this morning
ran on the treadmill
shower
went over grocery list and pantry
grocery shopping
cooked dinner
washed dishes
hung out with the kids

The day flew by!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I did pretty good yesterday, up early, showered, went to Curves, went to Mass, went to work, came home, finished a library book, made dinner, cleaned up the kitchen, set up the coffeepot for today, watched Survivor, and started a new library book before bed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.