Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today should be a no-spend day, a no-coffee shop day and a no eat-out day for me. I made my breakfast at home this morning, packed a lunch and snacks and brought to work with me and will have leftovers for dinner tonight.

*Make Kale Chips (notice how this has been on my list for 3 days now - just have not had time! hopefully tonight before the kale goes bad!)
*Pick CSA box up over lunch and bring home
*Work a solid 8-9 hours
*Work out (?) maybe a quick run after work?
*Wash 1 load of laundry

I also need to finalize my budget for October.

Have a great Wednesday, everybody!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Today I made a trip to GFS and used a coupon for $10.00 off $50.00 and onefor Free 2.5doz eggs when you spend $25.00. I purchased

$14.99 American cheese (120 slices)
$14.99 Swiss cheese (120 slices)
$23.99 Frying oil for our french fries (this is a huge bottle that I split with my mother and sister)
$3.49 for the 3.5doz eggs
Total $57.46 - $10.00 coupon - $3.49 egg coupon TOOP $43.97 The cheese will last us 3 months and the oil at least 4 months. So I thought I got a good deal.

No other spending for today.
I'm making beef stew for dinner from the left over pot roast.
I will be putting up my Halloween decorations and sewing some pillow covers, bench cushion cover and window sill cover for my self and a runner for my mom.
I am going to try to attempt making my own bread also, but that might have to wait until the weekend. Then next two days are busy.

Have a great day everyone!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone! :D (or at least mocha & kimmy at least!) :)

Today I have:

*packed DS's and DH's breakfast and lunches for school/work
*no eating out day!
*stopped at the grocery store on the way home from dropping ds off at school and bought $119 worth for $35 with coupons - all foodstuffs but one laundry soap - out of the grocery envelope
*washed one load on cold, hung to dry, have 2 more to wash
*have windows open, a/c off, overhead fans whirling
*all lights off, hope to walk around and check on what is plugged in - dh has a real hard time dealing with plugging everything in all the time.....
*need to ship out a few things from ebay sales this week
*fixing dinner at home with nearly free items I got couponing. :) I also am going to fix a pot of spaghetti for DH's mother - she's caregiver for my FIL who is in end stages of cancer and she doesn't have time to cook and doesn't eat much so I'll fix her plates of leftovers to eat on this week.

I'm sure there's much more to do - of course, my normals like dishes, floors, bathroom freshening, etc. :)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
No spend day here today, yesterday was a spend day.
Staying home and relaxing & vacuumed & washed darks. Its been raining since yesterday ick!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I've made the bed and washed/put dishes away. I've also done financials. I need to fold the sheets and put away and maybe some ironing. I have a meeting to go this evening so I'll leave shortly as I am carpooling with some folks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts