Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone :)

Just wanted to see what y'all have planned for today. I'm off to take dad to the hospital for more tests and then out to breakky so the man can eat finally and then back home for a well deserved nap! I guess I worried more in my sleep then I did while conscious....anything else above and beyond that is gravy!

Have a great day y'all.

·
27,948 Posts
Your Dad will be happy to get some "real" food. Hope his tests go smoothly and give you some answers that will help keep your Dad happy & healthy.

Not much going on here today, I'm thinking of heading back to bed for a cat nap (without the cat) since I was up early with the cat. :D At about 4:30am she came in & was sleeping so nicely in the curve of my legs (she rarely sleeps with us) that I didn't want to move and wake her and it got uncomfortable & kept me awake. Having her there made me happier so I just suffered, lmao.
Jobs that need doing:
We are storing FIL's truck here for the winter & need to rig a tarp to keep pine needles off of it.

Since we won't be sitting out on the small back porch deck anymore this year it's time to get rid of the chairs, set up the wood rack in their place & fill it. We've been having fires every morning and it's time to get the wood closer to the house.

I'm thinking of cleaning out the linen closet today. I have totes that I keep meds, first aid etc. that get messy over time (those quick rummage thru & I'll straighten later stuff that you never get back to) well it's time,lol. Always feels good getting those kind of jobs done where you can really see a difference when you finish.

Dinner was going to be this Quiche recipe that caught my eye but it asked for cottage cheese & I don't want to go to the store so we're having omelets instead. Just as tasty & no extra out of pocket expense.

Reading on the agenda as always. Oh, we'll be starting a new jigsaw puzzle too.
Hope you enjoy your Waste not, wiggle till ya giggle Wednesday. :D

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
629 Posts
Why does it feel like Friday today? Oh wait, it's the KIDS' Friday! Last day of school this week due to teachers' conventions! Yay for their much needed break! When I don't have to wrestle my boy to school each morning it's a GREAT day! And speaking of boys, mine is currently awake and watching cartoons. Very odd. He NEVER gets up on school mornings until I have to threaten him within an inch of his life! lol It is, indeed, a mystery day!

Yesterday I was a busy gal on my lunch hour. I went to a local credit union to inquire about refinancing my car loan to over 2% less than my original loan, so today I will be filling out the app online. I also looked into a balance transfer on my credit card to another card that I haven't used in forever. They want to open a "companion line" and give me 0% for a year. I need to research that more, it sounds bizarre.

During today's lunch hour I plan on buying curtains for my youngest dd's room with a free gift card I received when we upgraded a phone from Verizon. YAY! I also need to try and find my oldest dd a Halloween costume, as we didn't order hers with the others. Too indecisive!

Supper will be homemade pizzas and just hanging out! Have a great day!

-Vanessa

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Another day at home. Still fighting this cold but think I may be winning. Really want to take another nap since I was up last night. Need to feed the kitty. But she isn't screaming for her food so I will not worry about it.

·
27,948 Posts
Hope you feel better soon Shoiji. :smted:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is it only Wednesday? I feel like I've put in a full week already!

Off to work shortly. Kids are ready for school. We survived tooth extractions yesterday, but I got nothing done as the whole day went to time with my Mom and running special errands for DS8.

I doled out allowances (2 weeks worth), so it has already been a spendy day! The boys are off to their dad's for the weekend, so tonight I plan on getting the floors vacuumed and mopped- while I know they'll stay clean.

I will also have to dig to the bowels of the closet and find something nicer for work tomorrow as we have an event that a number of public figures, politicians, etc will be attending.

Oh yeah and I still have to finish the Halloween costumes!

Anway, I'd better get my buns moving. Have a great day!

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm going to go through the medicine cabinet (organize) and make a list of medicines we need. Then cleaning the master bedroom and changing the sheets.

Dinner is already pulled out of the freezer. I'm going to make bread if I have time :)

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Today's an easy day. I'm heading to Superstore this afternoon for the rest of my prop supplies and check out what they have for Halloween decorations. I might get a couple and put them in the garden. I didn't want to do anything too decorative because we're moving, though.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Living room cleaning (or kitchen, if DH doesn't want to move out of his chair, LOL. ):king3:

Laundry.

Put away the MOUNDS:dis::dishes: of dishes I washed last night.

Maybe organize the freezer, and decide what to keep in here for the mighty hunters coming up in a couple of weeks, and what to move out to the barn freezer.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I hope the tests went well!

I have so much work to do for work that its just not funny. Somehow I just can't get motivated though.

Should be working most of the day and cutting out about 5 to watch tv and relax, maybe make pasta for dinner or something from the freezer.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I've been busy this morning. So far I've done some touchup painting, swept, vacuumed, made the bed, composed & emailed minutes for an organization in which I am the recording secretary, made breakfast and went for my morning walk. I still need to put laundry away, deep clean the family room and make dinner.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Went got flue shot so while i was out went done some shoppig have 3 grown kids that have birthday this week and got one more christmas present.Took some home made soup out freezer for dinner.Everyone have a good day.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Another day at home. Still fighting this cold but think I may be winning. Really want to take another nap since I was up last night. Need to feed the kitty. But she isn't screaming for her food so I will not worry about it.
I have a cold, too. My big accomplishments for today are:

*put away a load of clean laundry that has been on the dining room table since Saturday
*took a shower
*ate some food that required cooking (an egg)

I may or may not put on real clothes later. It's already almost three, so maybe not.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts