Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday FDH and I tried for a baby :D - a few times actually. lol

And im dying to know if it worked or not. Ive read online that you have to wait 2 weeks and some other sites say wait 3 weeks or upto a month. What does everyone think to waiting to find, how long do you give it to be sure?

I can't post this on facebook incase it doesnt work and don't want to get my hopes up until i know for sure if its a positive, so i am sharing my news with you guys :)

I couldn't sleep last night as i had a million (good) things going thru my head.

·
19,119 Posts
Sending positive thoughts for a positive result!!

Reactions: Bournecrazy

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you x

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I think your answer depends on several things.
#1 how many days since your last period?
#2 are you on a regular cycle?
#3 do you ovulate reguarly?

I say this because we were trying too. I am anything but normal. I had to take meds to ovulate at all. My cycle is about 35 days. My doctor said take a test one week before my missed period (day 25 after last period) but since I am not regular and have longer cycles, I had to wait until day 36 to get a positive test result.

Sorry so graphic, but we don't really know each other and it is the best way I know how to answer.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think your answer depends on several things.
#1 how many days since your last period?
#2 are you on a regular cycle?
#3 do you ovulate reguarly?

#1 - It was some time in middle of May i know i had finished by the 29th by a day or 2, and im normally on for 10 days or so. So that would of made it about 16/17th may

#2 - No, ive never had a regular cycle, it always seems to come a few days later than it should

# 3 - I have no idea, how do i find that out?

·
Registered
576 Posts
You should start having symptoms in a few weeks. I always did. After a couple weeks my b**bs were always so sore I could hardly put my arms down at my sides. Then I got very, very sleepy. Then smells got to me. Then the morning(all day in my case) sickness. But I can tell you it was soo worth it.

Keep us posted.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
babycenter.com and fertilityfriend.com are great resources. Also, check out the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler (sp?) It's excellent.

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
When you can test really depends on when you ovulate. Some people get positive results as soon as 8 days past ovulation (dpo), but it's better to wait until 10-12 dpo.

Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great book that I would recommend if you didn't "catch the egg" this cycle.

Also fertilityfriend.com is a great site for tracking your cycle, so you can tell when you might be ovulating. They also have an online course you can read to learn more about tracking and charting, etc.

OPKs are useful in identifying when you are ovulating.

GOOD LUCK. :vibes:

ETA: Looks like Amy and I were posting at the same time! lol

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im tired lately but i think thats down to working 4am-2pm most days :(

This might be something (or nothing) but since Sunday i can't get cold/cool I am always feeling hot and uncomfortable.

I had what felt like very dull period pain last night but its gone now.

Thanks for the sites i shall look at them when im more awake. lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wishing you luck. My DH & I are wanting to try also. But we are waiting for the right time for insurance at work, time off from work, etc. But is there ever a 'right time'? Hoping you find out soon it was a success. Start taking folic acid now. I can't stress that enough.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Good luck! With me, I too noticed right away my b**bs were really sore in the shower. I always knew even before I had a test. :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Just wanted to wish you luck and sticky bean.

It took DH and I about two years to get pregnant (and in the end needed a little medical help).

If you start counting after a first try, you will drive yourself crazy. Excuse my forwardness, but just concentrate and focus on lots of good sex at least every other day and not on your two week wait. To be graphic, you want a steady flow of fresh healthy sperm just waiting for your egg to release. :)

I'm 29 weeks pregnant now, and once we got my thyroid regulated, it was very easy as we were already enjoying the every other day at least schedule.

Also, start taking a prenatal vitamin and cutting out the caffine and eating a pregnancy type diet. Basically, the modified diet will keep you healthy and distracted from the waiting.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It all depends on when you ovulate. If you're tracking your cycle, you'll want to test 14 days past ovulation.

It takes your body 24-48 hours to secrete pregnancy hormones once the egg implants which is usually 7-10 days past ovulation.

If you're not sure when you ovulate, I'd test 4 weeks past your period. This ensures if you're a late ovulater, you won't be testing too soon.

Good luck with TTC!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it didnt work :( but i think it was too late to try for this month as i was due my period a couple days after we tried the first time, so it did not have enough time to tell my body to stop what it was going to do.

But now my period has arrived I can work it out for next month :) they are generally a couple days later than they should be a month but i've told FDH that he has to give me some 'bedroom time' every 2-3 days (im sure he wont complain lol) once this finishes.

Heres hoping for a better time next month :)

·
19,119 Posts
Relax, enjoy BC and good luck!!

Reactions: Bournecrazy

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Sending baby dust your way....you'll know in a few weeks, seems like forever, but that 9 (10) months FLIES by in retrospect1 Enjoy every delicious moment of hoping, wondering, hoping....it's all part of the miraculous process!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks :) I am browsing freecycle for items - Its seems a bit soon but its nice to have some things already as i know the time will fly past just like the wedding is only 2 months away and ive still got loads of things to sort out and pay for.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
OK - so I am still "watching this space".... make sure you keep us updated!!

Enjoy your anticipation
:)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I worked out the best TTC is around the 4th July :) so not long before i can start trying again :) :)

On a good note, I posted on freecycle for general baby clothes / items and in the last day I have got myself the following clothing items:

All-in-ones - 28
Vests - 22
Blanket - 1
Hats - 3
Jumpers / Tops - 13
Dungarees - 4
Mittens - 2 pair
Socks - 6 pair
Shoes - 1 pair
Trousers - 7 pair
Bibs - 5

Most of the clothing is a neutral colour and in many sizes. This should save us a lot in clothing especially in the first few months when children go though clothes really quick.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts