Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of our local stoares had stuff of clearance, thn they took another 40% off the low price. i went in and bought a bottle of bubbles for the grandbabies and a play mat for another one for christmas, the cashier rang them up and we walked out. i looked at the reciept and noticed she had not taken off the extra 40 %, i turned around and walked back in and told them, it saved me another 8.00!

·
Registered
783 Posts
I think that is a great thing for all of us to do! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Good Catch! I went grocery shopping last month and had some free item coupons. The girl wrote down the prices of the items on the coupon but never took them off! I had gotten side-tracked because I had DH with me and he was talking to me. I got home and noticed it. I contacted the store (30 miles away) and the manager ended up giving me a $20 store gift certificate!

You definately need to watch the checkers.

Debbie

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I always check my receipts. It's saved me quite a bit in stupid tax over the years. It's amazing how often I'm overcharged, seems to be a seperate profit center for a lot of retailers. I bet most people don't check.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Good reminder. I try to watch the items as they are rung up but alot of the times I get distracted.

Will have to start keeping a better eye on things.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Excellent tip!! It's something my mother taught me yrs ago and back then I thought she was a kook! LOL And Yes, I've taught it to my children as well.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I try to "babysit the cashier" and watch the prices as they ring up. I know most of the prices that are going to come up and keep an eye on those.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts