Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my oh my! What a case! Gail Vaz Oxlade had me feeling like a 50 year old Princess! Talk about guilt! Motivated me to list a whole bunch of stuff online to sell. And to clean out my sewing room further. And to organize the sunroom a bit more. I'm trying to find things to do that will improve our financial system without stressing me out too much and making me sick. If that happens everything goes to pot real quick.

Are there any other Princesses out there? Or has-been Princesses?

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I didn't see the show but now I want too!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I want to see that show! Wonder if it will be available online? I was just looking for Til debt do us part, today. I don't have cable, so does that mean I'm not a princess?! Tee hee!

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh DC, it's real tough. :( I watched Gail give this girl a dressing down for not doing any of the housework and just cringed. I have a bad back and knees and don't do much housework here at all. Neither does DH for that matter. Though he does do the dishes after supper. I've offered to take that over, but he seems to like doing it and usually refuses my offers of help. I'm not sure if it's a martyr complex or if he really likes doing them! Oh dear! Might be time to have a talk...

I really must get to the dusting.

I spent some time looking up organization websites. I want something like Flylady, but not with all those dreadful inbox filling emails. There has to be something similar out there? Just reminders of what to clean/pick up each day.

Hmmm...must be a way to set that up on the computer, so it reminds me to get off my butt every so often and do some housework. Course I need a list of what to do...maybe my old zone cleaning schedules...

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
does the slice work in the us? i can't get it to play.

·
4,028 Posts
I like that she puts the Princess in her own apartment with her own bills for about 3 weeks and forbids the parents/friends/significant others to bail them out.

Of the episodes I've seen, she really takes the time to educate them. I think my favorite part is when the Princess gets to see clips of how her friends/family really view her behaviors... it tends to be an eye opener.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Thank you for the heads up. I have not heard of this show and it sounds like it may be the kick-in-the-butt that I need.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
i do wish she would put them in the apartment for the whole six weeks.

that nicole person, i think she was prostituting herself when she got cut off. i don't want to ruin it for you if you haven't seen it.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure that Tanya stuck with it after the show. Seems to me she was just treating everyone like her Baba...including Gail and crew. Very manipulative wench. I'm guessing she doesn't stick with the plan. Didn't see the commitment in her eyes. Ashley will though.

Nicole...hmm...gonna have to watch that episode...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts