Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My water bill has gone from about $30 a month to about $70. Our toilet was running so we replaced all the parts in the tank but it didn't go down any. What else could be causing it to go so high?

·
Registered
871 Posts
my husband works for the water dept. It sounds like you have a leak.....could be under your house or it could be in the ground outside in the span between the meter and the house. The water dept in your town probably has a way to see if your meter is running even when you are not using any water. That will tell you if the problem is a leak. Good luck, with all the cold weather everyone is experiencing I'm sure there will be many people joining you in having a broken pipe!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I agree with the above but also check your faucets (kithen and bathroom(s)) and if you have a dishwasher cut down on uses. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update on this. :D I got the new water bill today and it was down to $25.00. Phew! Maybe it was the toilet running and we just needed another month for it to show.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
That is great! This is my first house with city water, so I don't know what to expect with the water bill. I'll have to post it when it comes in!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts