Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in the US seen the PUR Purifier of Water packets in stores yet? I saw the ad in the P&G coupon supplement this week, and went online for more information. I am just amazed at how this product works, and how it is being used all over the world to provide clean drinking water for children.

I have a PUR dispenser in the fridge, but I do keep bottled water on hand for emergencies. Water main breaks are common in a old city like Baltimore, and we have seen hurricanes.

Remembering what happened with Katrina, I think it would be the perfect addition to my emergency preparedness tote. Looks like the box of packets cost about $15 and treats 15 gallons of water. I'm going to look for it next time I'm out shopping.

Here is a link to the products:

http://www.purpurifierofwater.com/products.html

You can see the video of the how it works:

http://www.givepurwater.com/givepurwater/success_stories.jhtml

·
Registered
116 Posts
That is a great product! I have not seen this in stores yet. Do you think that it can be found at most discount stores? I'll be keeping my eye out for it and also for coupons to bring the cost down a bit.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have looked for it but have not been able to find it. I did find a water bottle in the camping section of Walmarts that will purify water when you are out backpacking it will purify 500 gallons of water and cost $39.86. I am thinking about buying a couple to have on hand in case we would need it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh my goodness,That was a great vid.You are right what a great thing to have on hand. Safe water is the most important thing to have in a dissaster.You can go with out food for a couple of days even weeks,but water,only hours or aday or two.
Thanks for the info. I'm deffiantly keeping my eyes open for this product.

·
4,028 Posts
That was an unbelievable demonstration. What a product to bring changes about to the world. I'll be looking for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts