Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We successfully reduced our 8-week water usage from 18 cubic meters to 15 cubic meters, and brought our bill down from €45 to €36 :D I'm very proud of this as we really were trying. I don't know if it's possible to reduce it even further but I'm going to try!!

:grball:

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Way to go! Good luck on trying to lower it further!

Reactions: greekislandgirl

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good for you! I'm trying to do the same. Our bill has been running $100-120 a month. I got it down to $64 last month and this month it was $74. Still working on it though!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe we could start a challenge thread to post our monthly (or bimonthly in my case) water bill so we can stay on track!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I work for a water utility and I don't want to hear this LOL LALALALALALA.

our revenue is going down because of conservation yet our expenses continue to go up. We've had layoffs, we've had job freezes, we've had cuts in benefits, training, maintentance to the system, etc etc etc.

But as a member of FV...Way to go! I know I do everything at my house to keep my water consumption down too.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Judy, it sounds like what's happening pretty much everywhere :( People are realizing they can get by with less. Which is good, of course, but the knock-on effects are not.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Would a rain barrel help you at all? They do run around $100 bucks or so here and I know you are pretty tightly budgeted. Actually, I have a couple of barrels from Greece that olives were stored in. They can be converted to rain barrels for less. I'm buying a couple for my daughter and she"ll use them to wash the dog, wash cars, water garden, patio, plants etc. Any rain water you collect could be used for flushing too. Just wondered. There are a ton of articles on the net about water harvesting.

·
Registered
329 Posts
GIG- I am one of the followers of your other thread, I am very happy/proud of you. I know you have been working hard on this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts