Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the actual workouts we do, what are the ways you 'sneak' exercise in?

I'll go first :D

1) First thing in the morning is started off with some major stretching because I'm usually really sore in my arms/legs or back.
I do prayer pose, good mornings, and childs pose...i'll also put my hand in a fist behind my back then flip it over to the front to stretch out my arms real good.

2) When I spot dh's 12 pack of cokes I lift them. I used to do the same with the 2.5 gallon bottles of water when I was pregnant. REALLY felt the burn with that! I will also sometimes do bicep curls with an unopened gallon of milk.

3) While cooking or just standing in the living room I do the saddlebag blasters (raising a leg to the side) Or if there is room, I'll do back leg raises to tone my glutes.

4) Playing with ayla is a good one of course. I will run extra fast around the house chasing her or just run in circles to make her laugh.
~I also lift her up and down a LOT and her weighing 23 pounds or so is a GREAT workout.
~Lay on my back and put her on my shins (legs at 90 degree angle) and pull my legs towards my chest and then back out again..repeating over and over. Great for my abs and legs.

5) I sometimes make it an effort to lunge everwhere I go. (when i'm in my home) Especially on those days where it seems like I am being extra sedentary.

6) We have a baby gate for the kitchen and instead of opening it each time i just step over it, getting that hurdling action going on with my legs. This is repeated countless times a day as it's the only room with a garbage can, i have to get my water in the kitchen and so on.

7)When I do the laundry I go the long way around the back of the house, it is also the way that has more steps.

8) If I'm on the computer for a while I'll get up and do 20 jumping jacks. Gets my blood really pumping!

9) One of my favorite stretches is downward dog (from yoga) and I will usually do that at the end of the day when I need to feel energized This is a great stretch because it works your hamstrings/calves/arms and stomach all at once (ok at least that's where I feel it) so it's great if you don't have much time to stretch out all those parts seperatly.

10) While in the car on long drives I'll squeeze my butt cheeks. Squeeze/release/squeeze/release over and over and over again :)

Okay I'm running out of stuff, so lets hear your sneaky ways of fitting in those little extra's ;)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I love your ideas Heather!!:D

When I am at work I make sure I walk in a fast stride up and down the halls. It can be a great workout because our halls are really long.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
When I shop at a mall now for groceries, I park the van away as far as possible so I can get extra walking in.

I walk now to pick up the mail, rather than using the van.

When I watch Oprah I do my bike. If she has a show I don't like, I put on my earphones and listen to a tape.

I go up and down the stairs as often as I can at home, rather than getting others to do it.

Bending to hang clothes rather than placing them where its easy to reach.

Playing basketball with the kids.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts