Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, guys, we ROCKED November, I have to say... think it'll keep going in December? I hope so! So keep posting your amazing freebies...

Today I got one of the My Coke Rewards $25 Walmart Gift Cards... don't know what that will end up getting used for... I'll post it here when I finally get around to using it.

Also 18oz Jif Peanut Butter and a package of store-brand cream cheese. That is the last of the come-hither freebies from the local store... boo hiss. I love it when they do that.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Got some free coupons (Grandma keeps her's for me!) so I didn't have to buy an extra paper. Got a free 2013 calendar from church.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hubby and I attended our Harley Owners Group Christmas party last night. We paid $5 each to attend. We were fed a fabulous meal with appetizers, desserts, and soft drinks. Hubby won a men's Harley robe as a door prize (I won a pink one last year) and I won a Harley bag that will fit on the back of hubby's Fat Boy perfectly. Retail value of both - over $100 - WOO HOO!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today I got the $5 McDonald's gc from Coke Rewards.

Reactions: josantoro

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today the MCR GC is $10 Dominoes, so got one of those... now the looonnnngg wait until they do the Home depot card next weekend.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Here in Canada, we had Shoppers Drug Mart's Mega Redemption sale for our optimum points. I cashed in my 35,000 points and got $70 towards my purchase. Mostly stocking stuffers for us, but due to a nice little deal on Clear shampoo ($0.99 with coupon), I was able to use another coupon that said Buy 1 bottle of Clear Mens shampoo, get a bottle of Vaseline Men's lotion for free! I got two full size bottles of lotion for free! :D

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Also this weekend, my mother stopped buy with the following gifts from my aunt who was clearing stuff out of her overstuffed apartment:

~ two pairs of handknit socks
~ six or seven gardening books
~ a pair of sheer curtains (ugly, we passed them on to the thrift store)
~ a bright table cloth for our patio set (which, btw was also free last year!)
~ pillow shams for a bedding set she'd given us
~ five or six skeins of yarn (slippers, here I come!)

Lots of great goodies! Also got my coupons in the mail -- lots of fun to be had there!

·
Registered
672 Posts
1 Bic razor (new design) with 4 cartridges
1 Silk Soymilk apron from a facebook contest they had several weeks ago. (Bonus... it's red so it matches my kitchen perfectly)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Ordered new pots and pans last night and was pleasantly surprised that there was a free bonus pan coming. I looked it up, it's a 70.00 pan if you buy it separately!

Also ran to the store last night for rice because we're all out and ended up buying quite a bit more but used a free 10.00 gift card and 6.00 in store coupons and paid 1.40 for 17.00 worth of stuff so mostly free. Here's what we bought
Graham crackers and marshmallows (for brownie smores)
iced coffee
2 bags brown rice
2 boxes rice mix
1 bag organic baby carrots
1 bag of Hormel pepperoni

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Graham crackers and marshmallows (for brownie smores)
You have my complete attention. What, pray tell, is a brownie smore? Have I at last found the meaning of life??? Tell me more!!!!

Trash picked a pretty wooden headboard and footboard for my daughter's bedroom -- gonna sand it and paint it and it'll be beautiful.
Sounds wonderful! Great find! I love "rescued" furniture.

·
Registered
672 Posts
You have my complete attention. What, pray tell, is a brownie smore? Have I at last found the meaning of life??? Tell me more!!!!
Homemade Graham cracker crust (crushed grahams with butter) smooshed into the bottom of a pan. Pour brownie batter on top and bake. Just before they're done sprinkle mini marshmallows on top and broil for 30-45 seconds to toast marshmallows.

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Homemade Graham cracker crust (crushed grahams with butter) smooshed into the bottom of a pan. Pour brownie batter on top and bake. Just before they're done sprinkle mini marshmallows on top and broil for 30-45 seconds to toast marshmallows.
mmmm.....we are all coming over to your house....make a big pan.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Picked up two cute little calendars today at my Lawtons drug store -- perfect for using as a purse calendar, and one for my control journal. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
freebies are slowly trickling in, so far I've received:

2 fancy feast ornaments (very cute)
garnier something on a card (maybe face cream, can't remember)
bag with 7-8 nice sized samples of Mario Badescu facial products--can't wait to try them

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
still getting martha stewart living mag, supposed to until Oct '13, have no idea why

sample ground coffee
sample face tint<---I guess that's what it is

used my register rewards to buy
gallon milk
16# sugar
full size toothpaste

1 - 20 of 71 Posts