Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ok, it'll LOOK new at least ;)

Dh and I started sanding the one we have on sunday. So far it's cost us about 80$ in parts. Granted most of the stuff we bought we will use for other projects, not just this. (big packs of sandpaper, and a new corner 'mouse' sander since we never had one)

It's going to make a BIG difference in the way the living room looks. It was a dark oak, and it will end up being a natural oak. So the room will be brighter :)

And hopefully that will be all we'll spend on it...it's a fairly large entertainment center too, so we'll still be saving money doing it ourselves as opposed to buying one of the same size/quality.

Just thought I'd share :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
That's great Heather. I would rather do-it-myself too! I bet it will brighten the room being a lighter color wood.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
That mouse sander will really come in handy! I used ours and a jigsaw to convert our old entertainment center into 2 cabinets for electronic stuff that go on either side of the big screen and a bookcase for the bedroom.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That's great Heather, I think it's a great idea to redo the one you have ! Have fun fixing it all up ! :D

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
That's great, I'd love to see pictures. :)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Well done Heather! :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts