Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have a lot of stuff that tons of people would freak out over, a certain type of people. This stuff was hard to find and get a hold of. Things like traditional bento boxes from Japan and some uber expensive gothic clothing and accessories that if I would have found at a garage sale when I was younger I would have flipped out…

The thing is, the garage sale is a community thing out in Forest Lake {the country-ish part of MN} and I don’t think that the people out there would appreciate what I have. If I could just tell a bunch of anime loving gothic teenagers what I have I would be mobbed… only I don’t know any…

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
301 Posts
hmm... gothauctions.com

I've gotten rid of a few things on there a couple of years ago. I don't know how it has been lately. There's also this place: Girl Punk

Or, my personal favorite: etsy.com

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Why not put up flyers at local places where that kind of crowd hang out, like New Age bookstores and such? Post a couple pictures of the items you think would be good sellers and your name, the date of the sale, and something appealing to them, like, "50% off if you bring me (item) which I collect".

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Does your freccycle list allow garage sale ads? Our does. Also try kaboo.com and craigs list.

LAurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
If you feel what you have to sell wouldn't be popular amonth the yard sale patrons in your area, then I would be willing to bet you would be wasting your time hauling it out to try and sell at yard sale. IF the stuff is actually worth alot you won't make much at a yard sale for it. I would try to sell it in craigslist or ebay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts