Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hubby and and I just bought a used RV and plan on living in it when he retires this year. We will be selling and getting rid of almost everything. I'm beginning to feel free already. I've been saying for years that we don't own stuff it owns us. The Lord has allowed my family of 5 to spread all over the US. This way we can spend time with each of them and see some things along the way. I'm so excited and just trusting the Lord each step of the way. Hubby is so happy too. When he leaves for work these days he has a spring in his step. He finally can see a light at the end of the tunnel. If anybody has any thoughts or suggestions they would like to give us, we would love that:)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
There are forums for rvers. My dad goes too alot of them. He has made alot of friends through there and they have meet ups, its like another extended family. LOL!! I'm not sure what the other sites are called, but I'm sure they would have alot of helpful information for you. The only one I can remember is busnut.com, I only remember that because my dad is a total bus nut. When we were kids if he saw a converted bus he would follow it so he could talk to the owners. Anyways that site has a bulletin board, alot of it is geared to buses, but they have other stuff like good places to stay.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
What an exciting adventure ~ Congratulations to you both!

Not only do you have this year to plan & live in the excitement of the anticipation but once you get out there the real adventures can begin.

I have always wanted to do this (starting at a much younger age) and when hubby reluctantly said it was not his dream but he would go along with it if we could have babies and raise them in the RV...I responded "You MUST be kidding- You are totally missing the point" ...
So after that I dropped the subject...(do you think that was his idea all along....lol)

Reactions: thriftstorequeen

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Sounds absolutely WONDERFUL - congrats!

One thing I would suggest is getting your medical records in some type of portable format. Not that you would want to carry them with you - but perhaps sign up for one of the internet based med rec storage and retrieval systems available. Your MD's office should be able to help you with this.

The LAST thing you want is for some medical emergency befall one or both of you and you not have access to your medical history. Your kids should be provided with a means of retrieving this as well, should you BOTH be injured in an accident for example.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer here, but having worked in the ER I know how vital this is. Happy Trails!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
We have a couple friends that full time rv and they love it. They do come back here for their Doctors & dentist, while passing through to go somewhere else.They have met & kept in touch with friends all over the country

My advice is to enjoy every minute! I would love to see the country, one mile at a time. Have a wonderful adventure!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
My hubby and and I just bought a used RV and plan on living in it when he retires this y)
:congrats: when i was much younger that was one of my dreams but unfortunate neather one of my husbands wanted that life.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
What fun! Retirment is fun....I must warn you that this year will drag.....I gave 6 months notice when I retired and that last month I thought I was going die....couldn't wait...called in alot. lol.....we work years for this time so enjoy!!!!!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Suggestion: Not sure if either of you take meds regularly, but if you do you might want to switch to a nationwide chain like Walgreens. That way you will be able to get your refills no matter where you are.

Other than that have a wonderful time and enjoy yourselves...we had always planned on moving up north & buying a campground...but, life threw us a curve ball.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am envious! Right now I am going through camping withdrawl. I feel so safe and cozy in my RV. Maybe that is a sign I am ready to hit the road!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts