Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ds and I began putting together a Father's Day card for Dh today. It is nearly done, I have some embellishing to do yet (maybe). Perhaps chalking some edges or something on the front still. I did the cutting. DS picked out the shaker box (i bought it premade) I mounted it on the grey and then to the green. Then on the inside i wrote the greeting and then let him draw . He had me help him with his name. Hannah i just had her sign with her thumb prints. LOL and she printed a few times. then I mounted the greeting block into the card. Was fun and the kids "had a hand in it" too.

I am posting the outside of the card, and then the inside. :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and here's the inside.:D Erick had me help him sign his name, he cannot write it on his own yet ;)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I love it ! They did a great job ! The should be very proud to get that card !

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
That is adorable! I love the thumbprint idea! :) and of course the special picture drawn by ds is great!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
That is so cute! I love the thumb prints too.

It looks like it's made of suede in the pic.

It really is very lovely - Well done to all of you.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it does look like suede, huh? i didn't notice! Actually it is all cardstock. I don't know what else i want to do to it, but i will be doing something to the front still.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
That card is a keeper!!!! Years from now, when your kids are all grown up, you and your DH will pull this out of your "treasure box" and remember your darling little ones.:)

·
27,948 Posts
I love it!! My fav is the smiley face. I think it is perfect the way it is. Lucky man to have a family who loves him so.:heartsm:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
He will love it! That's a very beautiful card, full of love.:heartsm:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts