Frugal Village Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

We buy contents of storage units

74K views 56 replies 34 participants last post by  josantoro 
#1 ·
We just bought the contents of 6 storage units.. I am amazed every time we buy one, the things people leave in them..

If we were dishonest people, we could of made so much money on just the personal information left in the units, everything needed ~ birth certificates, ss cards, tax information, etc.. They don't take up much space, so why would anyone leave that stuff in a storage unit.. We just shred them and throw them away..

In the first unit we bought was someones cremains (2 yrs. ago), with all his personal information, that unit hadn't been paid for 8 months before we bought it.. One item this time we found that I find sad was, we found a flag they give to the family at military funerals..

I just don't understand it.

We don't get our units like Storage Wars or Auction Hunters.. There is no Auction, they just call us when they need to sell one..

Reactions: Brat
#41 ·
hello i need your help I need to contact you about storage unit I want to sell in Poplarville , ms if go outside you area i need to know how to get this sold on here please help me . I live 3 hours new orleans away from the unit so its not feasible on any day get there and need prearranged to do selling deal. Or if you know someone who can help me in my area?

#48 ·
Just a few of my own 2Cents Worth on this. It is very honorable of you to take care of the ones that leave personal stuff in the storage.
I would like to share with you my personal experience that may help you understand at least one circumstance that happens in life and as you know it's death, trauma and brain damage.
After a 18 month battle with Multiple Myoloma Cancer with my late soul mate, best friend, wife of 16.5 yrs. She passed and I had a major meltdown.
Honestly, I don't remember all of it. But I know I put all my stuff in storage because they took the home, land, toys, everything accept what could fit in storage and my travel bags. I was homeless. I jumped on the Truckers wagon for 8-9 months. All this time. Paying for storage that I can't even remember what I stored. My past life.
Several years went by and I still could not bring myself to go back to Montana and deal with it. I finally just let it go.
Bad move on my part? Probably so. But my mindset was warped and I no longer cared.
I'm sure this is only ONE small insignificant sinario that happens to people. But it's truly not all just dumb people leaving personal info behind. Many never intend to lose it all in the first place.....
Cheers! MAK

#49 ·
I need to sell bedroom set. living room furniture, and contents for one bedroom apartment. located in storage Gunn HWY
Only used ten months. Couch hardly sat on. This is my son's property and he is out of state going to school. Not sure when he might be coming back. If you can help me please reply.
Betty Carlton

#54 ·
We just bought the contents of 6 storage units.. I am amazed every time we buy one, the things people leave in them.. If we were dishonest people, we could of made so much money on just the personal information left in the units, everything needed ~ birth certificates, ss cards, tax information, etc.. They don't take up much space, so why would anyone leave that stuff in a storage unit.. We just shred them and throw them away.. In the first unit we bought was someones cremains (2 yrs. ago), with all his personal information, that unit hadn't been paid for 8 months before we bought it.. One item this time we found that I find sad was, we found a flag they give to the family at military funerals.. I just don't understand it. We don't get our units like Storage Wars or Auction Hunters.. There is no Auction, they just call us when they need to sell one..
I have a unit I need help emptying. I no longer want to pay for it and just want the stuff gone. Free to whoever comes and empties it out. I only want pictures, momentoes, beach inner tubes and paperwork.

#55 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a storage unit 10 x 15 filled with great stuff everything you can think of that I just want to sell and get rid of because I’m moving out of the country everything is fairly new, only used once and whoever can buy it can probably make a good profit off the items in there reselling them or whatever any advise or interest please contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.