Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had fun today! We HAD an a Dr. appt. for Tyler today, but we had to pick up a prescription for Dave and the appt. was at 2pm and that broke up the day too much... so I rescheduled it for tomorrow morning.

Anyways... we headed to Grand Rapids to the pharmacy. While we waited we drove around and found a Goodwill. :) I didn't get much... found a flannel shirt and a pair of shorts for Tyler, and a keyboard for him to play. Oh and a cute pair of brown loafers for Tyler too.
Then we went back to pick up the meds only to find out our insurance won't cover them. Ugh! So the pharmacist called the Dr. then we had to wait for him to call back.
So we drove another way and found a Children's Museum! It was a small place... cost $3 each to get in. They had a HUGE sandbox with dino bones buried in it. Tyler had a ball diggin in there. They had dino bones and things on display. And an art room. Tyler and I glued feathers and pom poms to a paper... its beautiful! :rolleyes: LOL They also are the birthplace of Judy Garland, so they had a whole area for Wizard of Oz things. We saw the actual clothes they wore in the movie and stuff... it was neat. We will go back there again. :) They are moving to a new bigger building in May... we'll have to check it out.
Then we headed to the pharmacy again to find out the Dr. wants us to stop for samples rather than do a different med. Soooo off to Hibbing we drove.
Afterwards we stopped in at a big Fleet store we been wanting to check out. They had baby chicks!! Tyler called them "tweet-tweets" and the girl working there picked one up for him to pet. He called its beak a nose, and tickled its toes. Awww! LOL He was cracking up at it too. That was fun.

We drove quite a few miles today, but had a good time. We saw alot of little old mining towns along the way and that was neat. The hills out that direction are red with ore. Kind of pretty. We also some some ducks on the river that we still can't identify.

All in all it was a great day. :)

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its amazing the things you can do with VERY little money. And still have a blast! :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh Sherry, I can just see Tyler playing with the chick! I'm so glad you guys had a great time.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Sherry, it sounds like you guys had a blast. I bet Tyler will sleep well tonight after his day of dino digging and chick petting, LOL. I am glad that you had so much fun and thanks for sharing it with us.:)

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.

And Kathy... he's out like a light with no complaints. LOL

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I am glad you had a great day Sherry. It is so nice to be able to spend a pleasant day with your family.

I bet Tyler loved the "tweet tweets"!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
What a great day for you and Tyler!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
It sounds like you had a wonderful day !
It's those simple days of fun that seem to mean the most !!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad you all found time to spend the day together........
I'm sure I know what Tyler is dreaming about tonight !!!!!!:sleepy: :D

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Sounds like you and Tyler had a wonderful day! :smball: :smball:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Glad you had a great day :)

·
27,948 Posts
I was smiling as I was reading your letter. Your nice day has officially made mine nicer too. :) Thanks!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts