Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say that we had our visit this morning with the pyschologist for Daniel. We were there 1 1/2 hours. Daniel was not present, just me and dh.

The therapist will most probably refer Daniel to a neuropschologist, to try to investigate more deeply so nothing is missed. She gave us some very good tips on how to cope with him, in the mean time...She will be seeing him starting next week with one of us.

...I feel more supported, with her help...I see light at the end of the tunnel...

Just wanted to share, since I've been coming here for some support, when I was overwhelmed with my son.

Thank-you for listening.:)

Lucie

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Lucie, I'm so glad things are finally looking up and your getting the support you so desperately need. If you need to vent at any time, were here for you. I know its not easy.

:hugz:

btw - is your aunt in her new place yet?

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Lucie, I am so happy that this step has been made. I am glad too that you are feeling better about this. Saying prayers for you and your family, you are in my thoughts!!:hugz:

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Lucie, I was glad to hear you say "she". So often when things like this are happening within our families we mothers blame ourselves for every little thing. If only i'd..., etc. Maybe with a women handling things for him she will be able to also lend you some support as well. I went through alot with my dd#2, I never got any counseling for me I should have, it was a hard time in my life, PLEASE...look out for yourself! Love Ya!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I am glad you are all on the road to something better, we are always here for you, but it's important to have some hands on support ! You'll all continue to be in our thoughts !

·
27,948 Posts
Support is one of the nicest 7 lettered words around. May that light at the end of the tunnel shine bright for as long as you need it to Lucie.:heartsm:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank-you CJ, Heather, Robin, Lori, Darlene:hugz: :hugz: :hugz: :hugz: :hugz:

Your support also means alot to me...

To answer your question, CJ--No, my aunt is not in her new home, yet. I have been told it could take up to 6 months! I am going to write a letter, monday, to insist that they find her a home within a month. That's the maximum, I am willing to wait...I will ask for a written answer and if their response is negative, I will go to higher authorities and to my new deputy, to have them *find the funds* to place her in a foster home, quickly. I am being guided and supported by the president of an organization for handicaped people, so that should help me to get them moving. My aunt is away this weekend for a respite. I'm trying to get a complete week for her at this same place, for the next week or the one after. We really need it.

Robin, I'm sorry to hear that you had a difficult time with your dd...I sympathize completely with you...It takes alot of love and courage sometimes to be a parent, doesn't it? My dh and I will also be going to see a therapist, as soon as possible. We really need all the help we can get...

Darlene...you give me hope with your wishes of having the light shine bright as long as I need it...Thank-you.

Thank-you Heather and Lori.:heartsm:

*******You are all great friends, thank-you************

(((hugs)))
Lucie

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Therapy is a wonderful thing, i won't go into they whys and what's of mine other than severe depression among other problems, but i myself have been in therapy for quite a long while with a fantastic therapist. She's the greatest, very supportive and i find her sessions renew my determination to find ways to employ the methods she is teaching me. Dh and I are in therapy with her together as well, and we both have benefitted tremendously from her as our therapist. it is part of my life that i need to make the other parts of my life run happily and smoothly. Therapy has helped all aspects of my life tremendously. Good luck to you and your family. :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank-you Melody and Melissa.:)

I'm so happy for you, Melissa, that you have a great therapist and that it helps you alot. I really want all this work out and that life can become so simpler and happier.

Lucie:)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Lucie, just wanted to send you a hug, and I hope the therapist will be a great support to your family. May God give you strength and guidance.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:hugz: Lucie!!!!! I'm so glad that you are getting the help and support that you need with your son Daniel. I'm also very relieved to hear that you are also getting support in finding another home for you Aunt. You're a wonderful Mother and Niece to your aunt. You just need to concentrate on helping Daniel and your other children at this point and make time also for your husband and some "just for you" time too! Praying that things will get better very quickly for you and for strength to get you through!:angel:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank-you Dana and Debbie...:hugz: :hugz: You are so kind.

Lucie

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Lucie I'm so happy for you that you're seeing someone that has some insight. Doing something, anything always makes you feel better, more empowered. I will be thinking of you and your family. :hugz:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank-you, Lisa...:hugz: Yes, having someone outside our situation may see clearer than us, what is happening. I'm really counting on her help...

Lucie:)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Lucie,

I hope Daniel really likes her too. :hugz:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Lucie,

I am so happy that the visit with the therapist went well. I hope the tips that she gave you are helping. I continue to keep you, Daniel and your family in my daily prayers.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank-you Kathy.:hugz: You are so kind. We are going again this saterday, with Daniel. Although, we just started, I already feel more secure and hopeful.:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts