Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dh has done us in this time:shake: he has got our bills up this high. He only brings 400.00 a week . we still have to pay last month morage. our bill look like this.

Morage..401 due on 28 of each month

Lights.. 103 due on the 10 th

Phone...77 due on the 13 ( this has dsl and unlemted calling so I can call louisiana)

truck..400. due on 15

Jeep..(new bill) 217 due on the 5

A lone for 500 .. pay 100 due on 13 ( have about 200 let on this one)

Inc on truck & jeep .. 270.64 this month and 130 after that. due on 17

Bed... 100 due on 20

washer& dryer...100 due on 20

for a totle of 1768.64

totle from Dh work for month is 1,600 some time more but I dont count the extra.

I get 415.00 for my one of my dd and 134.oo for the other. = 549

all together 2,149 totle and after bills 380 left

I did not count gas for the cars wich his is more I dont go to meany places so my gas last. Or did I count the money he spends on smoking and scrach off.
I also have my dd birthaday this month and my other dd birthaday next month Plus Easter to do.:shake: :shake:

not sure what to do

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Well I am sorry you are in such a rut, believe me I freak out every month actually, but having $380 left and still having gas for the car and DH's smokes, etc.. I think you will be ok, just try your best not to touch the CC's if you have any and make do.

Next month should be better I hope just hang in there.

·
Registered
546 Posts
At least you have that extra to buy food. I think you'll be okay. Just hang in there and maybe next month will be better.

·
27,948 Posts
Have you tried sitting him down and showing him the numbers in black & white?
The washer & dryer & bed are they rented(rent a center) or owned? If owned how much longer to pay them off?
Part time job to help pay them off?
Nice if he could quit smoking and ditch the scratch offs but you already know that.;)
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I am sorry you are in such a rut, believe me I freak out every month actually, but having $380 left and still having gas for the car and DH's smokes, etc.. I think you will be ok, just try your best not to touch the CC's if you have any and make do.

Next month should be better I hope just hang in there.
the only good thing we don't have any cc

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you tried sitting him down and showing him the numbers in black & white?
The washer & dryer & bed are they rented(rent a center) or owned? If owned how much longer to pay them off?
Part time job to help pay them off?
Nice if he could quit smoking and ditch the scratch offs but you already know that.;)
Good luck!

The bed and W/d are from a Furniture store not rent to own. the bed was 1500 and the the w/d are 2000 . we cant let it go back it will mess up his credit. ( he got all this with out telling me)

·
Registered
586 Posts
I am sorry you are having such tough times. You need to try to get him on board with paying off what you have and not spending anymore. I know it is hard. Does he help with the bills or do you do them? Maybe if he sees in black and white he will understand that you are losing control and you need to get together to work it out. Try to approach him without attacking him and maybe he will not feel defensive and try to work together with you for a better future. Best of luck.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I hope you make it through the month. I have asked my fiance to sit down with me and have monthly meetings to discuss our bills and how to make it through the month. This month went well and I am hoping that next month goes just as well when we sit down and discuss our finances. I think it's easier to present your case if you have the bills and bank statements to back up what you are saying. I wish you luck. :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Sit that dh down of yours and show him the numbers. Unless he's like mine and just wants no part of it. My dh thinks I can just work magic sometimes. And sometimes I can pull it off but sheesh. Talk about defeating purposes. Just squeeze through this month and next month will be better.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Sorry that you are having to deal with this. I'd love to say "Make dh do this or that" - but sometimes they can be thickheaded, can't they? Please do keep us posted on how it goes. Sound like it might be a "beans and rice month" just to stay above water! Lots of luck!!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Sorry times are tough. I agree with those that said you and dh should have monthly meetings to discuss the finances. I am sorry if this comes off has rude, but you are already late with your Feb mortage, so why did you buy a new/ new to you jeep? Like the others have said atleast you have some left over for food, and easter abd birthday stuff can be easily done at a dollar store.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this. You sound like a good money manager so I think you can make the $380 last. I would just sit down with Dh and show him the figures. Try to explain that until all furniture is paid and an Ef account are set up that you feel you really can't afford anymore debt. That you would like his opinion on how you could reduce the debt. Maybe by doing this he will feel he is in control still. Some men feel if they can't spend the money they earn that they are worthless. I know this is a difficult time, but keep your head up and maybe things will be better next month.
I also agree that the dollar store is a great place to make up Easter gifts. It really doesn't have to be about candy.
Take care.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts