Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Licence to Kill
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my Dh and I sat down and went over all our CC debt...plus $1000 in car repairs we'll owe on Tuesday when we pick up our car that is in the shop.

Our goal is to have ALL debt that is not student loans paid off by the end of April 2008 (so, one full year).

The "trick" of it all is that my hubby is going to be in school full time fall/spring semesters and not working. He'll work over this summer (while going to school half time).

I think we have a good plan going, but it is going to be TIGHT. I tried to put in little "pockets" here and there for the unforseen things that seem to pop up in life. We'll have to stick to a hard and fast $200/mo food budget...and there is very little leeway for gifts (bdays/Christmas).

Wish us luck! :cheer4: I would loooooove to have zero CC debt!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Good luck. Just keep your eye focued on the perize.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Good Luck.
You Can Do It

·
4,028 Posts
Good for you two! I think developing the plan is often the more difficult task. Once you see it in action and realize the savings you have the motivation to continue. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Wishing you good luck. Will be cheering you on!!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Good luck! I know you can do it! Just realize what you win at the end :)

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
I think a plan is very motivating -- to see that it really is possible after all. Congrats on the good work, and the smarts to build in some leeway for the unexpected. It sounds like you are definitely on track.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Good Luck with your plan :).

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Sounds like a great plan. The first step is always talking about debt openly and honestly and working together and agreeing on a plan. The rest just follows suit and sooner then you realize you'll see your debt shrinking! You can do it!

:fpunch: down that debt!!

·
Licence to Kill
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the encouragement! :) It means so much to me!

I set up each month in calendar format on excel with our payoff plans...goals... We're going to stick them up on the wall where we see them constantly...

I'll keep ya'll posted when we reach our "mini-goals" (paying off each CC). :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts