Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We used up our Blockbuster Gift card this weekend by renting these movies.

Ghost Ship - Corny. The first few minutes set the tone. Corny.

The Four Feathers - I loved it, but then again, I love Heath Ledger. I thought it was a very good film about determination.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We bought some movies at Blockbuster on Saturday. They had their videos at 25% off previewed copies.

Tea For Two (Doris Day) I love old musicals!
Men in Black (we all enjoy this one)
Big Fat Liar (cute)
Master of Disguise (very corny, but the kids like it)

As for Tea for Two, I had been trying to find this on video and the cheapest I could find it for was over $15.00. I got it for about $3 at Blockbuster! Woohoo!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
On CBS (?) a little while ago, the played

The Green Mile...Had some parts that were just too mean spirited for me, but in general the whole movie was just really great. I had no clue what it was about before it started so I had no expectations. It was one of those bittersweet endings kwim? Or maybe I was the last one to finally see this movie :D

I saw Ghost Ship a while ago Amy :D I was jumping out of my skin SOOOO much! Both dh and I liked it. Could have done without some of the gore though :eek: Definitly not a movie I'd want to sit through again!

I've never heard of four feathers, sounds like it might be nice to get.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
ohh Four Feathers was good. :D I enjoyed that movie too.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I just borrowed Green Mile from the library.:D DH and I are going to watch it tonight.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
DH and I rented some movies this weekend as well. It had been awhile since we had rented any, but here is what we watched.

Sweet Home Alabama
Serving Sara
40 Days & 40 Nights
Goldmember (Austin Powers) (DH had to watch this one, not me as I do not care for Austin Powers or Mike Myers at all.)

Anyways, the first three were decent in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Here is the mentality of my DH :toothy:

He rented: Jackass the movie-very gross-but we are sick :toothy: and laughed through most of it.

Drumline. We enjoyed this, but we used to be in the marching band in high school and DD is a drummer. It was a decent story line, though.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I loved the Four Feathers! It was a great movie. I can't wait to see Drumline. Don't know when that will be though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts