Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Custody of my nephew :)

The scumbag "friend" who was trying to get custody decided yesterday that she wasn't going to go through with the petition. Nice of her to wait until the last minute :rolleyes: I think I know why though, her husband (the sex offender) was subpoenaed and she got scared. She should be scared...I plan on calling the child abuse hotline later to report that a sex offender is living in that house with her other children :angry:

The best part? The custody agreement states that although we have "joint" custody of my nephew with my sister, WE have physical custody w/ my nephew residing with us. That gives us as much rights as a biological parent. That means my sister can't just come back to NY and take him. She has to file for custody to get him back. I know she won't because she's the kind to do the least amount to get through. He's better off with us, truly.

Next step is to get him on our health insurance. We'll get the papers in the mail in a week or so then I can do that :)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Way to go! I am so happy for your nephew, and your family.

Reactions: YankeeMom

·
27,948 Posts
You have no idea how much this is going to mean to this young man especially down the road. Off the charts happy for all of you especially him. Now carry on living your lives, building futures & making memories. :heartsm:

·
4,028 Posts
I am so thrilled for all of you. Congratulations!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and the second best news?

My lawyer thinks he'll be sending me a check with the rest of our retainer w/ the custody papers. He doesn't think we went through all of it :D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I am so happy for you and your nephew. Must feel like a lot of weight, not only off of you but his little shoulders too.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I'm happy for you all. I wish him a very bright and healthy future!

Hope you get a great chunk of money back also - that's just an added bonus!

:D

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Congrats! Hope you can get some money back from the attorney.

·
19,119 Posts
Congratulations and mahalo for being the wonderful pwople you are!!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Its a good thing. I know it took 5 years to get custody of my nieces. They tried to get my sister to get her act together. She never has. They are mine. Their children are my grandchildren.
Congrads

Fern

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
:tay: CONGRATS..............way to go.

Let me thank you on behalf of your nephew.............he soooo needed a stable home life.......you have just saved a life!!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Congrats!! That is wonderful and I am sure your nephew is happy to be able to stay in a loving stable home.

·
Registered
176 Posts
:congrats: How wonderful! It's good to know he'll be in a nice, stable household with people who love him and want the best from him. God bless you and your family.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts