Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another question about weddings :) This time around the subject is....cakes! Who doesn't like cake right?

Wedding cakes are usually (not always) elaborate and the focal point of the room, next to the head table. Do people really eat wedding cakes or just look at it, pose with it and take pics with it? I know its usually served with with the dessert table later in the evening. Is it forgotten? Does anyone actually eat it when it's served up?

What about the option of the cupcakes instead of a wedding cake. It has the cuteness factor, individual portions for portion control. I see these as new trend vs the traditional cake. Sometimes it costs less then the cake and sometimes its more.

Which do you think is more practical/functional...the fancy cake or the cupcakes?

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyway, for our wedding, only one layer of our cake was real. It was for the cake cutting tradition as well as for us to take home. The cake served to guests was actually a sheet cake in the kitchen that was plated and served that way. Saved a bundle of money that way.
I like that idea! I've even heard that people pay to have boxes decorated and layered on top of of a real base layer of a cake to make it seem like a huge grand cake. That is such a great tip. :)

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was at one wedding where (in full view of guests) the maiden aunts and various family members lined up to receive either entire layers of the cake, or large chunks of it parceled out, and the single layer at the bottom was sliced up for the guests about as thinly as possible. I left feeling like the bide and groom almost didn't want me there.
Oh my gosh! I mean I may have spent x amount of $ on it but by all means, I want it eaten up!!! No leftover wedding cake pls! Its meant to be enjoyed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts