Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are favors from my wedding using tiny clay pots. Inside each pot is a little plastic baggie of wildflower seeds (bought in boxes from Dollar Tree), and they are wrapped with tulle circles, and tied with a bow and favor tag (printed myself after googling "free favor tag template"). I also hot glued a small silk wildflower in the center of the bow.

Tag reads:

Plant these seeds and watch them bloom,
Just like the love of this bride and groom!

and then our names and wedding day. These would also be cute for a baby shower with a different poem or saying.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Those are adorable!!! When is your Wedding? Any other thrify ideas you are doing?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Those are so cute and very different, I love them!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Those are precious! I love creative ideas!

·
19,119 Posts
What a darling idea - and so doable!! Mahalo for sharing!!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I want to do this for my daughter's Quinceanera. (15th birthday) I wonder what kind of poem that can go for a 15 year old party.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got married in October 2007! I had a thrifty wedding, right down to the eBay wedding gown and free wedding cake. I made a lot of things to save money and be unique -- invitations, programs, flowers, my veil (helped my mom with that one), our unity candle setup, and even "catered" the reception courtesy of Sam's Club. If anyone is helping with a fall wedding, I'm your girl!

Sinopa, I'd try for a poem that says something about your daughter being a young woman in bloom. I can't think of anything that rhymes with bloom right now, but maybe something like:

Plant these seeds to flower away,
To remember our daughter in bloom today!

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
What a great idea! So very creative! I'm definitely going to keep that in mind! Thank you so much!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Nicely done! I have done "spring gifts" before for my lady friends, I wonder it I can adopt this? I did birds on a nest... I'll have to think about this one!

Thanks again --

Judi

1 - 15 of 15 Posts