Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin is getting married, but I will not be attending the wedding. I prefer not to give her money because she is financially well off. I want to give her a gift that is something someone wouildn't think of buying for themselves and something she would use often. Of course being frugal I would like to purchase an item on sale. Any thoughts is greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
19,682 Posts
Do you scrapbook? Maybe you could make her a keepsake book of her wedding.

Do you have other skills, such as crocheting or knitting? Make her some fancy dishcloths or towels or other household items she would use a lot. Those would also be easy to mail. If you don't do those things, there are lots of beginner patterns available for free online.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I saw an idea on Pinterest that I am going to try for my son's wedding, and it might be appropriate for you, also.

It's a wall hanging, framed. You stencil in large blocky numbers the birthday of bride, the birthday of the groom, their engagement date, and the wedding date. Very simple.

It would be something like this:

That would indicate that the bride was born Feb. 12, 1985, the groom was born May 27, 1984, they were engaged Aug. 30, 2011 and will be married May 19, 2012.

I think any kind of font script would work, but the picture on Pinterest had blocky number that all touched each other. Framed, it made an interesting and custom piece of art.

·
8,714 Posts
~Cloth napkins. 1 dozen fancy ones can be had a close-out stores for around $25.
You can make them and save even more. Just wrap them up really pretty.~

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts