Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone up to today? How's your weather?

Well it's already 62 here, windy though. We're supposed to get some rain, fingers crossed.

For me today:
~workout
~shower/hair/makeup
~pick and put up around the house
~lunch
~take my tax info to the accountant's (I had planned to do this 2 months ago but got there and my diskettes were bad so I drove the 45 minutes home and haven't been back)
~supper (will put in the crockpot before I leave)

Hope you all have a frugally productive day. :dollar:

·
27,948 Posts
Goodmorning Lisa!
Not a frugally productive day here. Need to go grocery shopping to buy what i need for a big double birthday celebration that we are having soon. We'll be having Seafood Lasagna and that means shrimp and crab along with all the cheeses etc. Not too bad price wise when you figure I'm feeding 10 in grand style.;)
Just little jobs at home to round out my day. Hope you all have a fun frugal day.:whirly:

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Its +2 but feels like -5 with the windchill. Snowed and the wind was just gusting away all nite. Neighbours stuff flying around in parking lot, argggggggg Oh well, at least my chairs on the back deck never blew away, i put them upside down.
I never got anything done yet, just made myself breakfast and coffee, checking my email, posting here then going to get my carcass in gear.
Might tidy up, put on cp and then take off , need time away from here. March break , kids home lol
2 kids going to theatres with friend today, its Toonie week($2.00) for a movie, no taxes. Cheap outing and they get away from me and the house too, too cold outside to play.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Morning all. Just the usual around here today. Dh and the boys are getting ready for school/work. I need to do the general chores. Staying home helps keep me out of the stores. Its supposed to be nice out temp wise but it is supposed to rain. Other then that a quiet day. Have a good day

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
We are looking at a raindy day, high around 55. I need to clean up breakfest dishes and do some other household chores today. I cooked down a pork roast last night in crockpot for dinner tonight. I still need to shred it and do sauce for pulled pork sandwiches for dinner tonight.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Just the usual around here today also.

Straighten up around the house
Finish up taxes and print them out
Do a load of wash, put away
Make lunch and head out to work

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Happy First Day of Spring!!! It's a warm and toasty 10 here right now :lol: can't ask for too much, it IS New England after all...
-school/work drop offs
-laundry
-go to Dunkin Donuts for Iced Coffee (free today) :coffee3: yippie!!!
-go to post office
-pick up DD
-shine my sink (I joined flylady)
-have dinner with DD and my ex (gotta love a civil divorce)
-clear off my desk so I can find the keyboard w/o following the wire)
That's all I can think of...:cheer4:

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Good morning :)
I have another accounting exam this morning. Dangit. But at least it's only on one chapter. Oldest ds is home sick today. Poor little bugger. He's so pitiful.

Dh did all the laundry (folded & put away even!), the dishwasher is loaded & read to run after dh gets his shower. Not much else to do today. It's a bright sunny, albeit kind of chilly, morning. It's supposed to get up in the 40s today. I hope so, I'm so ready for spring!

Last night I started the magic loop, toe-up sock. It is sooo much fun! Not at all as complicated as it looks. I can't wait to get back at it later today :toothy:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Morning all! Its already 60 here at 9am will hit the upper 70's later. Oh, I wish we had rain. Garden is dry and we are running the misters every other day to keep things coming up.
Sent DH off to met with another Applebee's manager this morning in Lakeland. He'll be back in a few hours with another list of things that need done. Right now I'm working on Junes schedule!
Had a great find yesterday one of the jobs thats getting ready to start is an old Chinese resturant there was a stainless steel sink and counter that was headed for the dumpster. Well now its a new potting table in the side yard.
Also got a beautiful inlaid bartop for a new bar on the back porch. Right place right time:)
On my to do list today is prepare house for visitors while we are gone next week. One of our friends will be staying here while we're gone.
Must also go to visit bookkeeper for taxes. :puke:
Supper tonight is chix and gravy with lima beans on the side. For dessert a choice of cherry or pecan pie.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Just a so so day here

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
It is really pouring here and we've already had hail.

I work until 11, then I need to stop and pick up a few things at the grocery store. They have bundles of daffodils on sale for cheap, so I may pick some up. I need something to brighten up the house on a dark, stormy day like this.

I was going to pick Wesley up from daycare early since I'm off at 11, but when I got to work I had an email saying I have a meeting at 1:30. So I've got to get ready for that, then go to the meeting, then pick up my son, and get dinner ready, laundry done, the house clean, and homework done.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Morning all! It's sunny and windy here, will be in the mid 70's!So far I have:

* Made bed and straightened bedroom
* Taken care of pet needs
*Washed curtains in the office
*Vacuumed office, used leather cleaner on furniture.

Still need to:
*Finish laundry
*Pay a few bills
* Gas up car to go to Fulton with DH, Will work on duplex .

Have a great day everyone. (Congrats on the good finds Laurie. Heather, hope child feels better soon!)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good Morning/Almost Afternoon!!

Rainy day and high 65 but without the sun feels alot cooler. Lots to do but no motivation. My to do list is longer then I have time for but what can you do but do little by little. It's nice to see the items get checked off when accomplished. Happy Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Yes, almost afternoon and I really shouldn't be here since I still have so much to do today, but what the heck, I've got alot to catch up on here, LOL. I've already taken daughter to school in Ludowici which is a hour drive round trip west of us, came back, passed our house and headed 10 miles east to town to pay the phone bill and buy groceries. Came home and put them away, fed the cats & dogs, filled the bird feeder, started a load of clothes, grabbed another cup of coffee, looked at the computer and couldn't help coming to the Village for a few. I've still gotta go out and feed the goats and check on the babies, water all the plants front and back, turn the sprinklers on in the garden to water the potatoes, wash more clothes, find a place for all of my scrapbooking supplies in the guest room since oldest DD, her DH and their 3 boys will be staying with us for three weeks starting this weekend while they have their house treated for termites and then repaired. I have to leave here around a quarter after 1 to pick DD up at school, come home and start an early supper since we have church tonight. I still have clothes to wash, dry and put away, and I really need to mop the hardwood but that may have to wait till tomarrow.

O.K., after seeing all of this in print, I gotta get off my butt and get in gear. I'll try to come back later tonight if I'm not passed out.

I wish it would rain here so I didn't have to water everything this morning. The gnats are really bad and I'll be eaten alive, Arrrrgh!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Very sleepy this morning and slept in way too long. Well at least I managed to get the laundry rolling along. Need to get ready for work, but I'm in no mood. The sun is shinning, but woke up to frost. My typing even sounds grumpy LOL.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Well, today is the first day of my unemployment so I'm not really sure what to do with myself. I woke up early, wrote my resignation letter and mailed it. I've cleaned and done laundry, applied for a few jobs, and watched TV. I guess I'll get to work on decluttering since I have no idea how long it will take me to find another job. I'm going to get something started in the crock pot for dinner. I hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I got up with a migraine this morning so I haven't done much other than run the dishwasher. I do have to go to class this afternoon. I hope my headache is better by then.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Right now it's a chilly 36* outside but the sun is shining and it is a beautiful day.
I have 2 cards to get ready to mail out
finish studying for tomorrows meeting
get the pork chops in the crockpot for tonights dinner
wash dads bedding
go through my coupons
get as much work on here as I can before we put this in the shop AGAIN :sigh: we are having more computer problems so back to the shop it goes :grrr:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Today I:
Put things away that weren't in their places.
Got my new glasses from the eye doctor, they are nice :).
I filled out a few more job applications, working on updating my resume.
I called to volunteer at a cat rescue center (still waiting for a call back).
I still need to:
Load/unload dishwasher
Make our hamburger mac & cheese casserole for dinner.
Feed the cats their dinner.
Go through some piles of paper on my desk and junk mail.
Clean the kitty litter.
I hope to go for a walk this evening, knit some more of my scarf, and read more of my books :).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts