Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone doing? What's your weather going to be like today?

It's been hot as hadees for the past 3 days here (100) but we're expecting a small cool down today and tomorrow with a chance of rain (oh man, we could use it!).

I'm gonna be busy again today. Got a teeth cleaning appt. at 11. Gripey wants to apply for our passports today (we got our pics taken at Walgreens, saved $4 by not doing it at the courthouse) b/c in about a year or so we can't even go to Mexico without them. I need to do a bank deposit, return some shorts to Walmart, buy some fruit, etc.. I plan on working out before we go so I need to get my lower half in gear.

What's on at your place today? Are you staying cool?

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Todays plan is to do bedding and the normal cleaning. The kiddos and I are going to an Amish place berry picking and an Amish store for Kitty food. Oh and the library!
I see strawberry shortcake in our future!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
We'll be trying to stay cool--- it's been raining this morning, but it's supposed to be 88' this afternoon, which means it will be hot and humid. Yuck!

This morning I'm doing some normal cleaning and picking up the house. I'll probably put something in the crockpot for supper, too- I just haven't figured out what yet.

At noon my home health nurse comes to give me my weekly shot.

This afternoon..... we'll see. I'm having some weird pains (30.5 weeks pregnant) so I'm going to talk to my nurse, and may try to get in to see my doctor. If I don't go in, I'll probably spend the afternoon laying on the couch and propping my feet up for a while.

Late this afternoon I'm probably going in to work for a few hours-- I need to hide out in my office and do some paperwork. If I go in late I can be pretty much undisturbed for a while.

And this evening... Big Brother is on! :D

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Today doing an errand in town at Krogers, then back home to straighten up, pool time with the son for a bit, then off to work 2-10pm. DH taking DD to a basketball game abut an hour away. She is going to be a senior this year.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
sounds like everyone has a good day planned!

there are 60% chance of rain today but right now its sunny and nice.

we are going walking with friends from my other site
I have a ton more sewing to get done as well (workin on diapers!)
clean up the kitchen, I was too tired last night to do anything.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
HOT, HOT, HOT here-- 100 degrees with indexes at 110 or higher. :( No relief until possibly Friday.

I finally got some sleep last night, after 2 nights of very little sleep. My AC is working again. . . $70 to fix a switch that had shorted out, clean the entire unit, etc. . . not too bad in my book.

Today, we'll be getting some estimates on what it will take to get Deana's car driveable again (she had a wreck last night) . . . and talking the the insurance company. Deana's car is only covered under liablity. . but the other lady's car was towed from the scene, so I"m anticipating some grief there.

Will have to figure out something special for supper, since it's Solstice and all, but with all that's been going on- I haven't even had a chance to plan for it.

Other than that-- just the routine cleaning, etc here. . . and trying to stay cool.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Gonna be hot here, near 100. Am washing the bedding and hanging outside, so this'll help dry faster.

This afternoon will be cashing in my rolled coins so I can take them to the thrift store in a neighboring town. Gotta get a jump on school clothes for dd. The reason for the trip to the neighboring town is dd is having a choir concert at the university about 45 miles from here. She's been there for choir camp since Sunday, will be coming home tonight so the peace will be gone, lol. And I get a great excuse to hit the much better thrift store in that town, yee! :)

Other than that will be looking forward to getting the sale papers today. The ole freezer is getting thin, thanks to the sales not being so hot here lately. Am looking forward to some good deals!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Another scorcher here today too. I know it is the the first day of summer but I am soooooo ready for fall and cooler weather.

I am working tonight and tomorrow night so today I will try to get something tossed in the crockpot so that I won't have to cook anything for supper for these two days. I need to do a couple of loads of laundry and then I will be trying to grab a nap this afternoon since I will be working from 7 PM to 7 AM.

Have a great day everyone. :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
It is always hot here!

Today is DS#1's 18th birthday! Time sure flies! He has to work today and then he is going out to the movies after work. We were going to take him out to eat, but I guess we will wait until Friday, which is his next day off.

I have English homework to work on today.

DS#2 has a 7 on 7 football game tonight, so we will go watch him play. DS#3 will be attending VBS tonight.

I need to run at least 1 -1/2 miles this evening when it is cooler.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Hey Rodmiick where do you live? we spent the summer in Lancaster County in 1993....I really enjoyed being among the Amish.

Michelle, say happy birthday to your Baby from us....wow 18! my eldest will be turning 15 in Sept. I agree...time sure flies.

This morning was tense Dd did her Gr.8 piano exam...she feels it went well....but boy was I nervous.....we even forgot the registration slip....not the best way to set the stage for calmness.

We went to the library afterwards and signed up all the kids for the reading programs....the Teen one has some great prizes....The children took out about 10 books each and I took out some great DVD's for Friday night movie night.

Froze some more Strawberries.

I am now procrastinating........
Signed up Dd and Ds to work in a local park this summer and we areall going to fiddle Camp up beyond Williams lake....it is called Gavin Lake ...hey Tina that is getting close to you...
Cancelled eldest Dd Bronze Medallion course yet again (it will conflict with fiddle camp and she wants to go and learn accompaniment on the keyboard)...it is a step closer to lifeguarding but they always have it on 4 Sundays in a row and so it never seems to Fit..
Ds and little Dd went to neighbours who printed some registration forms from the net (our printer is down) and she gave them 3 full size Cadbury Caramel Bars....are they ever happy. Eldest Dd is with her horse the rest are reading...

Will be taking tthe oldest two to the Kayak racing club......

I still have laundry and some cleaning to do...maybe some gardening...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Better late than never. I spent the day resting after all the unpacking and all. I have a house full of little mommie things to do to get my house back to "my" standards. Other than that just relaxing.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
rodmick said:
The kiddos and I are going to an Amish place berry picking and an Amish store for Kitty food.
I see strawberry shortcake in our future!
I'd love to hear about your berry picking adventure and Amish store. I find the Amish fascinating.

Worked in the house today. Had some workers coming today and wanted everything to look good. Has been a very tiring day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts