Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Love it, especially the no-bend feature. Does it do a good job of getting the tap root out?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love it, especially the no-bend feature. Does it do a good job of getting the tap root out?
Tap root extract if the ground is wet. I usually walk around with the tool pulling weeds after a rain. This is the most effective time for removing the tap root.

The tool is fun to use, and is an incentive for as bit of pleasant exercise.

·
Registered
904 Posts
you know I have been looking for a way to get the tap root for years! I have several recipes that for roasting them for a coffee. The greens are great as well if gotten before they bloom. The blooms are supposedly great for wine!

I will be getting one of these as soon as I have a yard of my own again.

Thanks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have one similar to this, and I love it! I go around after it's rained, pulling dandelions and thistle, and love the ease of use. No bending over to weed! My yard looks a lot better since I bought this!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
you know I have been looking for a way to get the tap root for years! I have several recipes that for roasting them for a coffee. The greens are great as well if gotten before they bloom. The blooms are supposedly great for wine!

I will be getting one of these as soon as I have a yard of my own again.

Thanks!
We love dandelion greens and it kills me to pay for them at the grocery.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same here, but I can't get my head wrapped around eating the ones in our yard. Is there anything I should know about doing so?
If you know what you are applying to the back yard fine.
but don't even think of eating from places other than your yard.

North Americans apply all types of pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizer and suicides to their lawns. It is probably not a good idea to ingest some of these mixtures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.