Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Leftovers here

·
27,948 Posts
Becci, love watching your menu change to warmer weather things just as we are really starting to get our colder weather. We'll be grilling today too, lol.
On the menu tonight is grilled marinated chicken breasts in garlicicious sauce, some kind of seasoned rice and yellow & green squash sauteed, seasoned & topped with some fresh Parmesan cheese. Yum!

·
Registered
719 Posts
We're having a Pad Thai....but it's really more like a Thai inspired stir-fry. As long as I don't have to go out and buy lots of strange ingredients I may never use again...I'm game :D I'm using chicken instead of shrimp, per BF's request.

Here's the recipe in case anyone's curious:

Shrimp Pad Thai
serves 4

8 oz cooked spaghetti
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons hot water
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1/4 teaspoon hot chile sauce (I used Frank's)
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 cups snow peas
1 cup red pepper, sliced thin
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup peanuts or cashews, chopped (optional)
4 lime wedges

Cook pasta according to package directions.

In a small bowl combine teriyaki sauce, hot water, peanut butter, and hot sauce. Stir well with a whisk to combine.

Heat sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add red pepper to pan and cook 2 minutes. Add garlic to pan and cook 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook two more minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in teriyaki mixture and cook 2 minutes, until thickened.

Add pasta and snow peas to pan and cook 2 minutes, stirring well to distribute sauce. Distribute onto plates and sprinkle with cilantro and nuts if using. Serve each plate with a lime wedge.

Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light, adapted by OurFamilyEats.com

Reactions: HappyMama

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just the kids and I, so I'm thinking breakfast for dinner or maybe bacon sandwiches with some fruit.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sooooooooooo jealous becci...........as we go into our cold weather. But............ENJOY!!!

At this point it looks like my dinner will be leftovers.

Lol I feel the same when the seasons reverse. Was freezing here last winter (coldest in 20odd years or something) so I was very jealous of all your grilling

·
4,028 Posts
Braised pork (used up some red pepper sauce and cooked it Friday.) It is nestled in some wrinkled (kwim) apples to warm up. Green beans and a small serving of HM hashbrowns on the side.

I think I needed some quality time in my kitchen today.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
We are having roasted Italian chicken thighs ( with garlic, lemon, rosemary, oregano, olive oil, sea salt ), roasted red peppers, salad, fettuccine Alfredo and chocolate zucchini cake for dessert:)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Spaghetti with garlic toast

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Corned beef and cabbage

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.