~laundry in cold
~stayed home all weekend
~drinking alot of water and tea

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
8/20:

~ spent the whole day with :smooch:
~ went to the Farmer's Market (only to learn later that it's on Saturdays, not Sundays :p)
~ had a nice lunch out at a little cafe
~ stopped at a second hand bookstore -- picked up a copy of "Your Money or Your Life" (can't wait to read it!)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Well so far today

-laundry in cold
-hung it up to dry
-all meals will be from home
-Took DD to the game store where she traded in some games. have a store credit now
-Did spend some money on the groceries but power shopped and shouldn't have to do it for awhile.

Getting ready to work on quilted wall hanging and getting DD ready to go to school tomorrow.

Kellie

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Stayed home all weekend, except for normal taxicab duties for the teens
Combined errands with taxicabbing
Saved $37.00 at ShopRite with loss leaders and coupons--over 50% of my bill!
Took my breakfast and lunch to work all last week (I start at 7 a.m.)
Found $5.00 on the ground at a yardsale, used it to buy makeup for dd and I because it was $4.00/1! It's normally $6.00 each.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I feel like I'm having forced frugality since my kids keep getting sick and I have to stay home with them - so I'm not out getting "this and that" for the past couple weeks, LOL!

I haven't done anything over and above the usual frugal stuff this week, though. Got two free rentals at Blockbuster yesterday, made pizza for dinner last night & having leftovers tonight. Saved $69 at the grocery yesterday and sent in for a $10 rebate.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
washed all laundry in cold water (except when i bleached the whites)
kept tv off all day (almost all day)
turned a/c off
turned fans off
ate lunch at home
drinking tons of water, instead of pop
went out for a few drinks last night & only spent $5.00
coupons, coupons, coupons
going to make ds a homemade b-day cake tomorrow (instead of buying one)

·
Registered
138 Posts
-Wash all laundry in cold
-Hang-dry clothes
-ate left-overs food
-declutter house/clean house
-turn off everything that's not in use

However, we did spend about $70 this weekend fixing the house, and $150 on clothes and other things that I need & will need (due to being pregnant).

For this next coming week, No spend day and continue to do everything I can to keep the daily cost of living low :)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Sunday, August 20th

~Washed 4 loads of laundry, hung out all to dry, the last load I'll put outside tomorrow morning

~Ate all meals at home today. Used up taco leftovers from last night for tonights meal.

~Making Barefoot Contessa's homemade chocolate chip cookies

~Cut out a bunch of coupons, now to organize them

~Going through paper ads to see what sale items I need to buy for the week, will make a list

~Called the opt-out number for credit card offers. I'm hoping to save time shredding all the offers I get.

~Purchased a few Christmas gifts today online for reasonable prices.

~Have an appointment for tomorrow at the bank. I'll be saving 1 1/4% on a loan by moving it over to another bank.

~Trying to find receipts to match up with things purchased that I need to return to the store for a credit or refund.

·
Registered
590 Posts
-clipped and filed coupons, making note of a rebate for something I have to buy tomorrow anyway
-washed small load of clothes on cold and hung to dry
-ran a very full dishwasher with no heat dry
-skipped washing hair, it's still clean from yesterday
-went to every other day on son's bath, as long as he smells good
-stayed home and spent no $$, except $7 shipped on a small lot of baby clothes on ebay that were just what I was looking for (and I'd be willing to pay what I paid per item at a yard sale)
-scrounged up some brownies and homemade frosting when I had a chocolate craving, rather than running to the store (I'm the queen of daily grocery store runs for "just one thing" since I live less than a mile from one)
-the family had leftovers for lunch and kraft mac n cheese for dinner, which saved us about $5 over our typical homemade dinners

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
~Ate leftovers for lunch
~Clipping coupons
~Combining coupons to sales and rebate items
~Gathering items to send rebates in
~Hung laundry out to dry
~Cleaned outside a/c unit (sprayed the dirt out with the water hose to allow it to "breathe")
~Made sun tea
~Stayed home today (no gas used or money spent)
~Turned a/c off for a few hours
~Cooked dinner in the slowcooker (doing my best to keep from heating the house)
~Blinds stayed closed

·
Registered
618 Posts
Leftovers for Saturday and Sunday lunch
Got hubby to cook extra meat on BBQ tonight so have meat for lunches/stir fry without having to cook
Ate home only (no going out)
Used Shopper's Optimum points (required 25% less points this weekend) to get $75 free stuff (95 % needed, 5% extras)
Turned off air conditioning today
Transfered balance at 7.75% to 4%
Stayed within budget on groceries (had $36 at beginning of wekend, spent $30 on frugal purchases)
Picked produce from garden
Prepared meals for hubby's lunch and casserole he can throw in oven for supper when baby comes (he will likely eat out)
Changed hubby's deposit account for pay - have one more thing to deal with on account and will save $12/mth banking fees

·
Registered
942 Posts
8/20

~ No $ spent this weekend
~ Packaged a bunch of trial stuff to return to senders
~ AC kept at 80 or above all weekend
~ No laundry day
~ Ate what we had here at the house: Grilled cheese for lunch, canned soup (kids dinner) and steak (bought on 1/2 price sale in July)/baked potato for the adults
~ Made an easy 3 ingredient fudge tonight since several of us were having chocolate cravings
~ DH and I reviewed our budget, trying to figure out how to get more blood out of that turnip - also made him try to understand where we are financially :bang:
~ Finished the short-term work project today, the check is already in the mail!!
~ Did not drive our cars at all today - no gas used

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
~Washed a very full load of dishes in dishwasher. No heat dry ever on that. Waited until tonight to wash, when it had cooled off.
~Got two books ready to send off for paperbackswap.com.
~Got recipe and coupon swaps ready to send out
~Clipped coupons
~No television on for most of the day
~Ate everything at home
~Stayed at home, and had Dh get gas for car tomorrow
~Bought a few items I've been wanting on ABC Distributing website (including a large 150-something piece Christmas gift wrapping set with paper, tags, boxes, and bags. I get this every year.)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Did all laundry in cold water, except for bleached whites

Ate in all weekend

Used veggies from garden

Made tomatoe sauce from overripe tomatoes. Delicious!

Hung one load of laundry out to dry. I only have one small clothes rack. I'm going to try and get at least one more.

Made banana muffins from over ripe bananas. I think my family doesn't eat this stuff just so I make muffins and breads from it.

Used sample detergent to wash clothes.

a/c off Sat night for about 8 hrs.

·
Registered
297 Posts
No spend weekend (cuz I worked both days)
No ac this weekend and today!! Yea:csign:
Eat at home 6/7 days with week.
At least two no drive days
Wash all clothes in cold.
Hand out clothes with week - no rain in forecast

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
~ pricing items for yard sale & kid's consignment sale
~ played at home all weekend :)
~ paid bills online & had a little extra to send towards cc :cheer4:
~ ate at home all weekend
~ cleaned out under the t.v. & sending ALL of our VHS movies to the kid's sale & yard sale (next weekend)

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
8/21

~home from work sick, no gas used or money spent
~no laundry day
~family will eat leftovers for dinner
~no tv on or lights

·
Registered
398 Posts
Got engaged (OK, maybe this isnt frugal.... but it sure was when we went out to celebrate, and he decided to sing it out to the whole karaoke bar and then we were bestowed celebratory drinks from everyone!)

Stayed home all day Saturday with hangovers (Actually, we cuddled and watched burnt DVD's)

Stayed home all day Sunday cleaning, doing laundry, and dancing with the children

·
Registered
590 Posts
8/21
-ran errands this morning, including grocery shopping for the week, so definitely spent $$ today but used price matching on sale prices and had two coupons for items I was buying anyway (I don't bother much with coupons since we don't live in a double coupon area)
-caught the 75% clearance sale at jc penneys while i was out returning something I didn't need - got the boys a few new things at $1-$4 apiece. You can argue this wasn't frugal, but I can't find everything I need for them at yard sales, since I'm picky about condition of used clothes, so clearance sales are the next best thing as far as I'm concerned.
-finished up shampoo/conditioner samples this morning
-hubby ate leftovers for lunch, I made a huge batch of veggies and rice for me that I can eat for lunch pretty much all week
-sent in a battery rebate
-keeping blinds closed to keep a/c cost down a bit (we get lots of direct sunlight at our house)
-planning to stay home until Thursday when I have an appt to go to, so this will save gas

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
~Worked today (got free lunch from pharmacutical rep...yippie!)
~Had to spend money at Dr appt :(
~Dh made burgers on the Forman grill
~Got some good deals at two grocery stores today. Best deal was buy one get two free sandwhich stacker pickles. Got lots of B1G1 deals on things I needed. Found a bunch of good coupons at the store.
~Filled out ketchup rebate, going to fill out meidcation rebate tonight.
~Turning up AC, as a good rain storm has cooled things down a bit.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts