Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much?

my first was close to 50 pounds - I really didn't watch what I ate or did and had a really sedentary life.

second I was a lot more active. I gained about 35 pounds.

this one so far I have only gained 17 pounds! I was weighed at the doctor last week and was SHOCKED!! thats it?!?!

but then I have been very active, and been eating pretty good....better these past couple of weeks than ever before.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Well, due to my illness (hyperemesis) and other complications, I've actually lost weight in both pregnancies. Right now I need to gain eight more pounds just to get up to my starting weight. And before anyone starts throwing rotten vegetables at me, trust me, I'd rather be able to gain weight than spend months on medications and still being sick 5-8x a day!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yikes....

I lost weight in the beginning - but I was so sick and then I only thought I had the flu so kind of encouraged the loss.....but I am definitely maintaining better this time around.

T

·
0 Posts
I'm up 16lbs already. I'm on track to gain the total 25-30 recommended. My doctor hasn't said anything other than I'm gaining weight normally, although she does remind me to exercise every time I go (I didn't really exercise before I got PG, so I'm really not slacking, just... well...)

Everytime something bad for me (dougnuts, pasties, brownies) calls my name, I just remember my co-worker who packed on 80lbs during her pregnancy. Usually that's enough to scare me off, but not always. Today I bought myself a chocolate covered doughnut at the grocery store to eat the minute I got home (and boy, did it taste good!)

·
Registered
916 Posts
1st one 50 lbs
2nd one 55 lbs
this time so far 8 lbs. I've got 3 months left, so I think maybe another 10 or so.

I started out 40 lbs heavier this time than last time. :eek:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
i always gained about 25-35lbs........with all 4 kids!!!

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
ds1 - 50lbs. or so
ds2 - 25lbs.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
17 lbs? wow.... if only I could be so lucky....every pg has been different for me as well...I usually stay within the 40lb range. i'll tell you a true story...my midwife, concentrating alot on protein in her diet...hardly eating any bread,sugars & starches(& drinking alot of water) gained only 18 lbs....her son weighed 11 lbs 4 ozs!!!!
I have found that the times that I'm not expecting, I have a hard time gaining weight. I am 5-9 and my usual weight ranges from 117-125...when i'm pg..forget it..I just look at food & gain. So...when expecting #9, I took my midwife's advice & focused on protein...kept the weight steady & samuel weighed 9lbs 10 ozs. I'm just wondering how much #10 will weigh..lol. But always remember...that 300 calories from good food is alot different than 300 calories from cakes & pastries. If you're planning to breastfeed, that sure helps to get rid of the extra weight.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I was one of those women you love to hate :blush:

The most I ever gained was 23lbs with my first, and I left the hospital weighing less than when I had her. My second I actually lost 17lbs because of being so sick with morning sickness (all day/night sickness was more like it). I was pretty underweight after having her.
My third, I gained 8lbs and my son weighed 8lbs 12oz :lol: . My fourth, I gained 12lbs (7lbs of it baby lol). I just did not gain weight very well while pg. They made me see a nutritionist every time, write down everything I ate & drank. I was eating/drinking enough/well just couldn't put on enough weight I guess. I didn't even start out overweight. *shrug*

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
ds #1 : 45 lbs
ds #2: 30 lbs

IN both cases I had lots of morning sickness but # 2 was the worse it didnt go away till almost the third trimester. And at the end of #2's I had so many braxenhicks I thought i was dying or somebody was literaly sticking a knife up there. very painful. laomost lost him at the first trimester at least 5 times. And at 7 1/2 months we were in a minor car accident , nobody got hurt, but i just took it easy for the first couple of days, iwas very upset. Oldest was in the back seat when it happened.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I gained about 40 with the first, 20 with the second and only about 10 with the third. Not that I did not eat a lot with the third. I also started out heavier on each one after the first.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well had another check up this morning...and I have lost another 5 pounds!!! yikes!

not going to gain much this pregnancy!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hi-

I gained about 40 pounds with my dd,and so far have gained about 7 pounds this pregnancy.I am in my third month, so Ive gained a bit so far.I have changed to the gestational diabetes diet , forgoing sugar and too many carbs, I had GD with Kira and may well develop it later in my current pregnancy.On this diet I shouldn't gain too much hopefully less than 40 pounds this time,I want the baby to be healthy.Kira was 7 lbs 4ozs.I have had morning sickness a lot more so than with Kira, with whom I only had a little nausea in the mornings.

Patty

1 - 13 of 13 Posts