Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok since my gastric bypass I have lost 53lbs. Whoo hooo! Here is a picture of me with Carnie Wilson last week. She is so nice and funny too! I love her! This has been a lot of hard work the last 10wks but so worth it!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Congratulations Jodi!:) You must be so proud of yourself!

I don't see your picture, though...;)

·
27,948 Posts
Lookin good Jodi!! Bet you feel like a million bucks!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
That is awesome Jodi. I bet you feel so good. Congrats on the weight loss and meeting Carnie Wilson.

·
Registered
601 Posts
congrats on the weight loss, you look great, how did you go about getting to meet Carnie????

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Wow! You look great! You must also feel great!:)

I'm sorry to sound weird..but I don't think I know who Carnie Wilson is...Is she a singer?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
congrats! and i wanna know too, how did you get to meet her? :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For those who don't know who she is, she was a singer with Wilson Phillips back in the 80's and 90's. She actually has a new album coming out soon. I met her at a seminar for this surgery. I was invited because I was looking into having my surgery there, at Alvarado where Carnie had hers, but they don't take my insurance. So I had my surgery in April somewhere else and then got invited to this. It was for people looking into having this surgery but there were people there who have already had it like me. Carnie was speaking at the seminar. She is very nice and so friendly. She talked for about an hour and a half. She got up there and just started crying looking at all of of us. Made me cry too! Anyway, it was really nice to meet her. She signed her new book for me and also a picture of her.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
You look great and so does she! I haven't seen any pictures of her in a long time. She was always so pretty.
How has your experience been so far?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
You know what I have no singing voice...except for when i sing along with a wilson phillips song..."hold on". Anyhow, you look great, and It was neat that you got to meet someone who has had fantastic results from the procedure! What an inspiration!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Wow, you look great!!!!! I'm so glad that you were blessed to meet Carnie Wilson. My boys saw the picture of you two and they were so jealous that you got to meet her! They are FAME fanatics!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
that is wonderful jodi, you look great. congrats on your success.:smball: :smball:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sara...my experience has been great! The only bad thing is my aunt who had the surgery 3 weeks before I did passed away 2 weeks after my surgery. We had the same dr's and hospial so it was really hard on me. If anyone deserved success with this surgery it was her. She never made it out of ICU and had 2 code blues. I have had no trouble other than a very minor incision infection because I went swimming to soon in a public pool at the gym. I really needed to do this for my health before it was too late, like my aunt. I have not had the greatest reaction from some of my overweight friends. They think I took the easy way out, but they don't know what they are talking about. They are just uneducated about the surgery. Thanks for asking how I am doing. I haven't been around because of the surgery and the funeral and all but hope to get a paid subscription soon!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Jodi, good for you. I know, weight loss has no easy way out and your friends know that too. If they are truly your friends they will rally around you and celebrate your successes with you. I wish you the best. The better you get the more energetic you will get too. Get active, that is the best way to fight obesity, excercise means everything.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts