Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has/had this problem - I haven't seen it mentioned on any of the pregnancy boards I visit. For the last three weeks I have had really dry skin flaking off in pieces, but only on my nipples. I've just started to leak a bit, but this isn't dried fluid - it's my skin just flaking! Did anyone else have this happen, and if so, what did you use? I've been putting some of my cocoa butter lotion on them whenever I apply some to my tummy (usually once a day, sometimes twice). It doesn't seem to be helping much, but it makes them feel a little less itchy temporarily.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I can't say that I remember having that symptom but I would think it's probably from stretching of the skin. I'd keep on applying the cocoa butter to them and then ask your dr. or nurse about it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
yup....

mine are leaking but not really visibly. just the flakies - I use lotion.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Don't use the cocoa butter on your nipples once you are nursing. The only preparation recommended by lactation consultants is purified lanolin, such as that sold under the brand name Lansinoh.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
There's also a stick out... can't remember the name of it, but I got it near breast pumps & supplies at Babies R Us... that is a moisturizing balm to apply to dry, cracked nipples. It's safe to use when nursing, also. It's about the size of a glue stick and the label is blue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts