Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
out. I have 1300 more squares to cut. To make 4 more quilts before Christmas. My hand and arm hurts already.lol See what I get for playing around...
Fern

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I hear ya!! I still have over 700 to cut for a quilt. Been procrastinating but I have go get at it!!! :thud:

Good luck!! :)

·
Registered
9,638 Posts
Don't over do it! I learned the hard way and have a rotator cuff (shoulder) injury now from too much sewing. Sounds stupid, but that's how it starts.

Break it up into manageable chunks, have a dedicated sewing time, and stop for breaks!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm left handed and 17 years ago I was in a horrible car accident. The seat belt kept me save but it messed up my left shoulder, arm and hand. It was never fixed. The Dr was waiting for the symtoms to go away. Anyways I take my time. I should have started sooner.
I should get my niece over her to help me......
Fern

·
27,948 Posts
Pace yourselves ladies, safety first! ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
ugh, That makes a whole lot of things more difficult

·
19,119 Posts
Makes my hand and arm hurt just to hear what you ladies are doing. Anyone using a rotary cutter? Would really help to change out from just scissors....just saying.

·
Registered
549 Posts
2 words: rotary cutter.

i would not have the patience to cut so many squares. i would get my husband to do it. :p

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Give money. It's easier. ;) I have a bunch of machine quilting to do right now. I'm taking it an hour at a time, then taking an hour break. I'll finish it sometime this week or next...I hope. :scratch:

·
8,714 Posts
~It's so weird you posted this today. I posted my own thread about cutting 500 pieces before I saw your thread.
I guess we're all getting busy as the cooler weather settles in.
I'm pacing myself too. I've done a lot of big projects and have overdone it before. It's really pathetic telling people you hurt your wrist, bruised your fingers or have swollen knuckles from cutting fabric. Most people can't understand how it's possible to do that. We crafters know, right? :crackup: ~

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was using a rotary cutter now I'm back to using scissors...lol Back and forth back and forth. lol
Fern

·
Registered
268 Posts
I LOVE my Rotary Cutters... I have several.... I wouldnt dream of doing a quilt without one...
Me too. A fresh or sharpened blade is very helpful too. I usually cut a few and then sew some blocks when I make a bed-sized quilt. What patterns are you making? I just made a Little Twister for my new granddaughter born in July.

While quilting is rewarding sometimes people forget it costs money to make them. Even from "stash' the fabric was bought at some point. We quilters can have big hearts but remember this is the Frugal Village. :thumb:

piney

1 - 15 of 15 Posts