Frugal Village Forums banner

Well, I thought I'd come back home (again!) lol :)

2K views 32 replies 30 participants last post by  mauimagic 
#1 ·
Hi everyone... this could be a reaaaalllly long post, and I don't have a really long time, so I'll try to bring ya'll current on my life in 1000 words or less! :),

Let's see:
I passed out cold in Sept (first day of daughters Kindergaten)... hubby had a hard time bring me to. Called 911, took a ride in the ambulance. 3 hours later, and a clean brain scan ad EKG later, they let me go home. Told me to up my protein, up my water, lessen my stress.... oh and have my hormones checked (they were seriously out of whack). I'm great ever since. Weirdest thing ever. Wish someone could tell me why it happened so I could prevent it again.

Dad had a bowel obstruction that turned into a 16 day hospital visist, abdominal surgery, blood clots that went to his lung, and a staph infection. This all happened from sep - dec.

I was set to have hip number 2 replaced, but thought my family didn't need the patient (see above) - so I will wait another year.

AND THE BIGGIE.........

WE ARE MOVING BACK TO I.O.W.A. !!!

Hubbys job is moving us there for promotion/transfer, it's a looooooong story. But we are trying to sell our house (again, but at a massive loss this time), and are hoping to move this summer..

well, that's about it!

lol

See less See more
Reactions: mamamia
#5 ·
Welcome back! Sounds like you haven't been bored. Glad to read that apparently everything is going at least somewhat smoother. Glad you and your dad are ok. Oh, did I say Welcome Back!!!!

#6 ·
Welcome back Traci! So glad you and your Dad are doing better. Great news on the moving!

#8 ·
So great to see you here! What a roller coaster year you have had. I'm glad things are going better for you and your family.

hugs

#11 ·
Welcome back Traci!!! You were missed. :hugz: I am so happy you are moving back home!!!!!! I know how much you missed it. :)

#14 ·
"Dad had a bowel obstruction that turned into a 16 day hospital visit, abdominal surgery, blood clots that went to his lung, and a staph infection. This all happened from sep - dec."

Welcome back. So glad you and your Dad are doing better.

Three years ago my dad had a bowel obstruction, had surgery, went into septic shock and died on the 16th day of his hospital stay. I have an idea of what you went through with your dad and I'm glad that he came through it all.

#15 ·
Welcome back I have missed you and thought about you often stay well an keep posting

#16 ·
So happy to hear from you again!!!! hope everything is all better soon!!!!!

#17 ·
Welcome back, Traci! Very happy to hear you get to move back.

#18 ·
Welcome back, too! I would love to move to Iowa. A good friend lives there and I always enjoy spending time there. Sorry to hear of your ill family member. I've been dealing with something very similar in my own household and it's very draining, all the ups and downs and worry and trips to the hospital. You have my compassion and prayers.

#21 ·
Welcome back!

#22 ·
Great to see you back Traci!
I missed you.
(((((HUGS))))))

I hope that 2012 is a better year for you and your family!!

#25 ·
Hi, Traci!!

So glad you're moving back to Iowa. I know you'll be happier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.