Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had Jackson,I had post partum depression.The Dr had me on zoloft but I took myself off of it after a few weeks because I felt better and was fine after that.

Well,Jayme is almost 3 weeks old and I believe I have pp depression again. Everything is making me cry,I feel so overwhelmed,and just down in the dumps :(

Steve just looks at me wrong and I cry,the kids not minding make me cry and I get upset.

Katie had a precious moments doll on her shelf in her room and was not allowed to play with it untill she got older and could take care of it.Well,I went down the hallway today and there the doll lie on the fllor with it's clothes off. I asked her who got it down (thinking maybe Jackson did somehow) and when she said "I did" I was so mad,I picked it up and threw it in the garbage! :(

I see my Dr Tuesday and I think I should ask for something.

Is one med better than the other? I took the zoloft but I really didn't like it,plus I hear it has sexual side effects and I sure don't need another problem to deal with lol

Thanks for reading.I feel better just posting this :)

·
27,948 Posts
Oh Tammy, I don't know about the meds but do know about needing a big hug. I'm glad you are aware of what feelings you are having and want to get some relief. Hopefully the great minds in the Village can come up with some help until you see your doc on Tuesday.
Deep breath, big hug and I'm here if you want to talk. :heartsm:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Tammy, sending you lots of hugs. Please take good care of yourself and I'm so glad you're seeing your Dr. I had extremely severe postpartum depression 14 years ago with dd, at the time the Dr. had me on Prozac and xanax and they helped considerably. Today I take zoloft and it is helpful. Just be totally upfront with your Dr., they can't help you if you hold back on your feelings and symptoms. Please know that I'm thinking about you and you'll be in my prayers, I hope you are feeling like yourself again real soon :hugz:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey mama! I just wanted to say that I am sorry you are going through this again. I have been there in the past.

Your hormones are trying to balance back out and it is a really hard time. I always think the first two months are the hardest. I have five children. I also think that the more children you have the harder those first two months are?

Are you breastfeeding? If you are, do try to get lots of rest - a stressed out mama to many (not sure that you are stressed, too) that isn't getting enough rest is likely to end up with Mastitis and that will just complicate things.

I hope things get better for you soon.

Hugs,
Kristin

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
No advice here Tammy, but lots of :hugz: coming your way.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
:hugz: Tammy! I will be keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time. We are all here for you anytime you need us. We love ya kiddo and we are all only a pm or email away if you need any of us.

:grouphug:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Awe Tammy, I'm sorry you are going through this. Yes, ask your doctor Tuesday if he can help you. You're so smart to catch it before it gets real bad. The meds are still a trial and error with each person since we all react different to them. Trust that your doctor will come up with the right solution. Try to get some rest. I'll be thinking of you.(((Hugs)))

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:hugz: Tammy :hugz:
I'm sorry that you are feeling so down. Looking back I can see that I also had PPD after having my first child. I was almost non functional, but had to go back to work when he was 6 weeks old and learned to "fake it and function" (not good). I wish I had asked for medications to help me through it. I'm so glad that you are have a doctor's appoinment on Tuesday and will be getting some help with this.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Dear Tammy :hugz: :hugz: and more :hugz:

I have depression anyway but it got REAL BAD after I had my children :(

Such a sudden and drastic fall in your hormones plus all the other things a new baby involves can play havoc with your emotions.

It is really good that you are seeing your doctor. Try to rest as much as possible until then and just do the things that you HAVE to.

Be kind to yourself.

It is so miserable when you are not even enjoying your own baby. When I had my first child I really thought I was going mad, I didn't know what was wrong with me and I didn't seek any help for a very long time.

Get all the help you can and take things easy.

If you ever want to talk just mail me.

I'm thinking of you and sending lots of love.
Bev. xxx

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Sending you hugs Tammy!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Tammy,
Depression at any time is hard, but ppd is the absolute pits. Please tell the dr. all your symptoms and take the medicine. This too will pass, but you should get all the help you can to get thru it.

pat

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Tammy, :hugz: :hugz: I just saw this post...I'm so sorry to hear you feel down. I've been through this at after each pregnancy and it lasted longer for my 3rd and last ds.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Tammy. :heartsm:
Please do see your dr. He/she will help you greatly. We will also all be here for you, if you need to talk, to cry or to vent.

Try to take care of yourself when you can. It's so important. Do you have some help since you gave birth? I hope so. If not, don't overdo it and do what you can with baby and the older kids.....AND take care of you. Do things that make you happy. ok?

((((big hugs))))) I'll be thinking about you.

Lucie

·
Registered
340 Posts
Tammy~

I had PPD too. I am on Zoloft but am adding wellbutrin because it has no sexual side effects. I had the worst possible PPD and anxiety you can imagine. There is a way out and you will get there, just remember that. Email me if you want to talk.

Jodi

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just an update....My Dr. has me on 50mg of zoloft. I can't really tell I'm on anything (maybe I'm not suppose to lol),so we'll see how it goes :)

Thanks for all the prayers!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I hope the Zoloft works for you. It kept my sis from killing her dh a few years ago. lol

I wanted to add that walking tends to help with depression alot. If you are able to get away for 15 to 30 min. even a few days a week it would be good for you. I'm not able to walk very much but I now when I did walk everynight after dinner, I felt so much better. A nice walk in the evening with the baby would even be good for you.

Take care of you.......(((hugs)))

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
No advice Tammy, just an angel on your shoulder...:angel2:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I hope you get feeling better soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angel:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Usually it takes at least a week and a half or two weeks before the zoloft really kicks in, so don't give up. Hope you are feeling much, much better real soon!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts