Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked to my son on aim. He went to NY over the weekend. Him and his friends were on the subway going some place when he noticed someone trying to pickpocket his friends well they stopped that one. No one noticed that my son had been pickpocketed. Who ever did it used a knive to cut his pocket. He didn't feel it happening. I can only imagine what would have happened it he had notice it. Now he has to get a new DL,SSard, milatary ID and report his CC's stolen. I'm jst glad he didn't notice it happening
Fern

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I'm so sorry. I know what you mean though. I was mugged in LA once, had my purse stolen. At first I felt stupid for carrying it so loose on my side like that, but then my BF and I thought about how creepy the guy looked, and figured he planned it. So if my purse hadn't been an easy target, what would he have gone after, and how? :nerv2:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am sorry that this happend to your son. I am so glad that your son is okay though.

·
Registered
451 Posts
That is scary. Glad hes ok. This should make us all a bit more cautious.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
He may want to put a freeze on his credit reports. B/c they have all forms of ids they need to apply for credit in his name, and all they have to do is put a different picture on there and change the address.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
That is scary. They must have been packed like sardines in the subway for the thief to be able to get away with it so quickly without being noticed.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'm glad that your son & friends are ok, I have friends who live there & they say it is really dangerous & scarey. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts