Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is not at all what  was expecting to hear dh say. We are getting stationed at West Point. I never ever thought we would get there. I didn't even realize you COULD get stationed there. Dh is going to be working in the hospital there.

Anyway,it was definately not my first choice but after researching it I think we will really enjoy our time there. There is just SO much to do! I still am not sure when we will leave here. Or when we can go to West Point. Dh is going to school in Texas form Jan. thru April. So, I am not sure where the kids and I will be. I will for sure keep you guys updated though.

So, who lives in New York? LOL

·
27,948 Posts
Glad to add your friendly face to the NY bunch! .:)

Besides myself there is sewcrafty,duckduckgoose007,halo and a few other wonderful ladies.:)
Any idea when I can expect you?:D

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Hey Laci, you will only be about 3 hours from me! :D I used to go to West Point a lot in my younger days. I dated a cadet for 3 years. The scenery is beautiful there! :D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
It'll be great having you back stateside. There are bunches of ladies here from NY, you'll have fun I am sure :). I never knew soldiers got stationed at West Point, never occurred to me.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Laci~
Congrats on your orders. My family has a long history at West Point. My great grandfather was a West Point grad and later an instructor there.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ladies! I have been looking up the area and it looks so beautiful.

Lisa, I'm from Texas! That is why I wanted to be in the south. I'm so sick of this cold weather.

Darlene, I am not sure when I will be there. Either Jan. or June! LOL

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Congrats....can't wait to have you back over here!! :D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Congrats and best of luck with your move. I also didn't know that you could be stationed at West Point. Just goes to show that you learn something new every day.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Isn't that the truth, Traci!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I am glad you will be coming stateside again.

Hope you get to make a trip to Texas while DH is there.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
luci your not too far from me, amyboz, and jerseygirl,,i used to go on river tours as a child in that general area...i think u are 2 hrs or so from central jersey...

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Laci - where's he going to school?? Because you know Fort Bliss has this awesome teaching hospital here!!

You know though - *I've* been trying to get stationed in New York - so if you guys would like to trade...! :D

It'll be nice to have you back CONUS though!! :)

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Debbie, he is going to school at Ft. Sam Houston in San Antonio.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is great, I bet your family will be thrilled to have you back stateside.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, they are thrilled! Of course we are too. I miss Wal-Mart! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts