Frugal Village Forums banner

Well, we're moving....but not like I had thought (hoped) -

2K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  HappyMama 
#1 ·
before I get started, here's our home we are hoping to sell:

5519 Ivywood Ct, Foresthill, CA, 95631 - MLS #10073304 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®

it's a lovely home, and I'm sure you're going to see it and say "WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO LEAVE THERE??".... but as you see it, see how little light comes in, and see how there are not really other homes around (which is a big lonlieness issue).

Anyway, DH had a long talk with his boss. Yes, they will try and get us to the Midwest, but it was VERY clear that he is being put in place of upper management on the west coast, as his credentials are VERY sought after in CA. He's great at his job, and they would rather us stay here. They will help us get a new job if my hubby wants to......

Well, the long and the short of it is, as much as I REALLY want to move the the Midwest (we all do, actually, I'm just the "leader of the pack") - we really need to stay here.

We are still going to try and move. Living so far out of DHs territory is really taking a toll on him. Combine that with my lonliness, and one of our boys' issues, not to mention that we never felt at home here.... we are going to move "down the hill". Out towards the Davis, CA area......

I'll keep you updated.

See less See more
#2 ·
You have a beautiful home.. and I'm guilty of saying "why would she want to move from here"..lol.. Hopefully it will sell and you and the family will be able to move to the midwest. DH and I want to move back to the midwest also, we have no family out here in DC or anywhere near this area...

#5 ·
No matter how beautiful the home, and it truly is, if you are not happy there it's a bad place to live. I hope you find something that will be more comfortable for you and more covenient for your family.

Maybe you can move to the midwest eventually, but it sounds like a career move for your DH that would be hard to pass up.

#7 ·
Beautiful home, Traci, but I totally get how you feel. You know my story, I left everything to move overseas because I just wasn't happy where I was.

I know it's not exactly as you'd hoped, but kudos to you for making the best of it and taking the steps you can to find happiness.

I wish you happiness and the best of luck!

#8 ·
I'll be the first to agree that a home is not a home if it's not the right time or location. While it's a beautiful house it just doesn't feel like home to you. Good luck selling it so that you can move to a neighborhood that makes being away from "home" just a little more bearable.
I'm sorry that things aren't going to work out for you the way that you want them too. HUGS

#11 ·
sorry you aren't moving where you'd hoped. But maybe God has something more spectacular in store. Hopefully the move will open up all kinds of new opportunities for you, hubby, and the kiddos. Best of luck!

#13 ·
Looks like a nice place to see some awesome wildlife on a daily basis. Maybe as you settle in there & get outdoors and meet the neighbors this will be a place you all can happily call home for a time. Love how all the windows let the outdoors in. :sun:

#17 · (Edited)
Traci,

I lived up in the mountains of California for many years, a sweet pleasant nature filled Mayberry place. Though it did take awhile to get involved in the tight knit community and schools. Once we did we loved it more then you could ever imagine. We constantly hiked, biked, and were within a reasonable drive to the beaches, forests, skiing, etc and wouldn't have traded the memories or times for anything in the world. Even though California was so much more expensive then the Midwest there was so much nature ( especially right out my door like yours) that we always had something to do, some sporting event, charity event, school, camping or nature filled event to fill our time. The people though a little different then the Midwest because many weren't born there and transplants , they tended to not invite at first as they assumed you would just jump in when ready to involve yourself. Once we did the invites and fun never stopped. ~Sigh~ ~Sniff~ ~Crying~ It was my magical place, they all became my friends and family. I absolutely love California ( Northern though in the mountains) and would love to go back. .... Forgot to add my DH commuted a lot and most did in my area but I still loved my home and every minute there.

We are in the Midwest now, enjoy it as I firmly believe life is what you make of it. Treat you house like a turtle and bring your love, joy and home wherever you go. Bloom where you are planted. But......sigh ..... I loved California so much much much better...lol

Many blessings to you as you live there, get ready to move, move to your new town and maybe back Midwest.

Love to you and Praying for you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.