Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She called the police :rolleyes:

Just as I was getting ready to leave to go get the girls this afternoon, I happened to look out front and saw a police car out front. He was standing on her porch talking to her and they were both gesturing towards the fence. I didn't know what she was up to, didn't care. I know our fence is legal. Also, apparently it either wasn't going anywhere or it didn't have anything to do with us because the police officer never came over to talk to me (like he usually does when she calls about some assinine thing like snow touching her garage after we get 4ft of lake effect :rolleyes: ).

I called dh to let him know. He said he would call the police station when he got home to find out what all it was about. I had to pick up the kids & get to class.

Apparently, she plans on filing trespassing charges against the fence company :bs2: If you can believe it! I can. Nothing she does surprises me anymore. The thing is, I have pictures, they were never on her property, never touched her property and when they come on Friday I will video tape the whole thing! :fan:

Not only did they not set foot on her property, but she never once said "hey, you're trespassing...get off my property" or anything. She never said a word to them (surprisingly). She doesn't even have "no trespassing" on her property (like we do!!).

And if it was so important, why didn't she call when they were actually here doing the work? They were here for 2 1/2 hrs. Could it be she didn't want the police to see that they weren't actually trespassing?? Hmmm??

I have never known anyone so hateful in my life :puck:

Here's the photo evidence :p
(you knew there would be LOL)

·
Registered
674 Posts
This saga is unbelievable. Does this lady have any hobbies? She needs some. :loser:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
She is just unbelievable!!! I'm glad you are letting it roll off your back. She doesn't have a leg to stand on and is just trying to come up with something. Probably frustrating her to no end, too bad, she brought it upon herself. She left you with no choice and is just going to have to DEAL WITH IT!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do believe she has hobbies, they are:

-terrorize her tenants with endless to do lists (or increases in rent)
-call the police to report her neighbors so much as breaking wind
-suing every single company she comes in contact with (and a few tenants, maybe a few neighbors)
-throwing cigarette butts in other people's property

You get the drift :lol:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
wow, they might be touching the curb with the squad car, in turn touching her grass!!!

Crazy lady. I hope they tell her where to stick it.

It'll all be over tomorrow afternoon. We'll schedule a FV happy dance in celebration of the last picket!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
um, hey...uh...if she's run outta hobbies, i could sell her something to keep her locked in her house for awhile. :blush: :hubba:

BAD MISSY!! BAD!!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow Yankeemom, I am sure and I hate to say this, the fence wont stop her, she probably will go at it till she croaks, it's a shame too, neighbors like her give other neighbors a bad rap. I agree tomorrow we will do the happy dance ... let's just hope she doesnt vandalize the fence.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't know all the details abotu this woman... but she's sounding like one of my previous neighbors. We lived in an apartment complex that had 3 levels. We lived on the third. After our first week of living there the woman who lived below us complained that we used to toilet too late in the night and to "please not use the toilet after 9pm"

wtf? I complained to management and they, in not so many words, told her to deal with it. But I had the luxury of complaining to management. I'm sorry that you don't.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
We moved in part becuase of neighbors like this. Im talking about the homeowners association! They slapped us with violation after violation. I even got a note about my garden hose. Im sorry you have to live next door to her and I hope the fence helps. At least you wont have to look at her.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just keep telling my husband (who just lets her get under his skin) that the best revenge is living well :D :D :D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
you could start screwing with her head. I mean, next time she says anything to her, just say the first off the wall thing that comes to mind. For instance:

Hag-a-troid says " Your workers are tresspassing on my driveway"

You say " Cheese is stinky" and walk away.

next time

Hag-a-troid says " your fence is blocking my view of ___fill in the blank__"

You say " What religion are church mice??"

next time...so on and so on.

Worked with my MIL. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ROFL! Missy, that would work if she weren't so passive aggressive. Calling the police instead of saying something to whoever's bothering you.

You know what's so sad? We (her & I) have never spoke. Ever. She's had words with my husband (who mostly asks her why she's so mean LOL) but she never says anything to me.

I think it speaks volumes that she waited until dh was gone today to call the police too :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
What a story this is!!!!
I hope your new fence works out for you. It's horrible to have to deal with people like your neighbor.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Well you knew she would do something! Just keep an eye on your fence. I hope she doesnt try to damage it on you.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I am curious. Is she married? Does she have any children or grandchildren? How quickly do the tenants move out after they find out what Miss Snagglegrass is really like?

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
You know... I would have a stake-out... just in case NeighborZilla tries something, and, she will... from what I have read... she will... and it will be something stupid... like trying to burn it down with her cigarette... and then whoop up a storm when the fire trucks tear up her lawn trying to put it out...

NeighborZillas never give up... and, for the hell of it... I would stake out in a tree across the street and pelt her with snowballs... but... thats just me... :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She moved here right after she got divorced (I'm shocked...she's so loving!! :rolleyes: )

So far as I know, she has no children. She's home most holidays and no one comes here (at least no one that parks in our driveway lol - that's about the only time I notice her).

She's just a lonely, bitter, miserable old hag that needs to go back where she came from (Canada - I love Canadians...my grandfather came from Canada, so I guess I'm partially Canadians...but can y'all call her back please :lol: ).

·
Registered
388 Posts
When I was a kid

we had a mean, grumpy neighbor. The kind wherre if your ball went in his yard, and you knocked on his door to ask them him you could go in his backyard and get it, would say "No" and then procede to go get the ball and take it inside and keep it. No Joke!!!! After a few times of this happening, my dad finally went over and asked what was up. He chatted with him for awhile and my dad came home (without our toys!!) and told us that this guy was old, lonely and basically mad at the world. He told us to kill the old guy with kindness.

So everytime we saw the guy we waved and smiled and said, "Hi Mr. Richey!" He never did speak to us, but we had a good time making fools of ourselves waving wildly to him. He eventualy moved and I suppose died (it's been 30 years and he was OLD then).

Maybe you could kill her with kindness too. I'd love to hear she called the police because your kids waved to her and said hello!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts