Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took the boys to Holiday World and Spashin Safari yesterday. They've been asking to go for a couple of years. I went about 27 years ago when we were visiting relatives and it was called Santa Claus Land.

We generally don't do the whole amusement part thing for multiole reasons. The two big ones being 1) money, and 2)my possibly irrational fear that someone is going to get hurt. DH and the boys love them though.

I was VERY pleased with yesterday though. They bill themselves as the #1 FAMILY amusement park. They also use to say the "cleanest" amusement park in the country. Don't know if they're still saying that but "I" would say it from my experience yesterday.

The prices were very reasonable for an amusement park.

Walking around in your bathing suit outside the water park part was completely discouraged.

"Modest" bathing suits are encoraged.

There were staff EVERYWHERE.

Food prices were VERY reasonable.

Soda and sunblock was FREE and EASILY accessable.

The water park is the best I've seen with tons of tube slides.

I would suggest it for anyone close enough to go that does these kinds of things.

·
Registered
158 Posts
We live in Indiana, but it is still quite a drive for us. We went there a couple of years ago and I agree with all that you said. I just wish we could go there and not have to have a hotel.

Glad you had a good time. Kings Island is actually closer for us, but way expensive!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
We're going this summer. We went 4 years ago and were very pleased. I'm glad to hear it's still as nice as it was. We're renting a cabin so we can stay two days and cook our own meals. Hopefully it will be a reasonable price.

·
Registered
900 Posts
We are also planning to go there later this summer. DH and I haven't been since it was Santa Claus Land either. My ds went with his middle school for an honors field trip (only available to the kids who had good behavior and good grades all year long.) It was expensive since they rented charter buses and it is pretty far. We are closer to King's Island and that is usually where we go. Gas prices are keeping us from getting a season pass anywhere this year. I heard Six Flags, Kentucky Kingdom has $25 season passes this year. But, we are still passing because it is a little farther for us, not as well maintained, and not as many rides as PKI, Cedar Point, or Holiday World.

Glad to hear you had a good trip. I think the free sodas are an awesome idea. We are going to try to plan an overnight--2 day trip there. Possibly just before the kids go back to school.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just went last week with my daughter's class trip. We live only 1 1/2 hours away and got season tickets last year. If going just rememeber that the time to ride the Coasters is mid afternoon while everyone is in the water park. Saftey is thier first concern, we have been there during thunderstorms and they made us get into shelter( inside games- rides) and would not reopen rides until they had been checked for safety. They also have huge fireworks on July 4th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts