Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a follow up visist with the nurse practitioner. she didn't have any answers for me either. a recap of my issues since i don't think i have posted about them in a long while.
i have fibromyalgia. the pain management doc thinks there maybe myofascal pain syndrom, cfs, and multiple chemical sensitivity as well but isn't sure enough to add that to my dx. the reason i am seeing a neuro as well is because of some weird numbness issues i'm having as well. my face is numb/tingly feeling almost all of the time, but it's not bell's palsy or anything like that. the backs of my hands go numb. parts of my legs will get numb and tingly. i have muscle spasms that i take meds for ( all the issues were there before i started meds so nothing is a side effect) if i lay on my side, my top leg goes numb, not the one i am laying on. i've been tested for eveything they can think of including lyme, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypo/hyperglycemia. tons of blood work. labcorp is affecionatly called those darn vampires since everytime i go they take vials and vials of blood.
then i have the fun that comes along just with fibro, pain, fogginess, tired.
i've had mri's to rule out MS, and i had an emg.
the lpus side is that in the 3 months since i saw the neuro, i haven't gotten worse, but still no clue as to what's going on. UGH!:bang:
thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi, i'm so sorry to hear about your health problems. i've had the pins and needles thing too - in conjunction with some other symptoms. my dr worked out (after many tests) i had a vitamin b12 deficiency, i can't absorb it so i have to take it by needle every couple of months now. i told my mum and it turned out my uncle had similar symptoms to me, but he was so seriously ill they thought he wouldn't make it. then he was tested for the same deficiency and was treated and now he's much better.

i hope you are able to find a way to manage. sometimes in amongst a serious illness you can have minor problems that are misdiagnosed because the expectation is that its going to be bad. in this case it might be simple - and easily fixed.

all the best to you..

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hi, I also have fibro. I also get all tingly and numb, as far as i was told that was also a symptom of fibro. Id give up the foggy head for anything. I am so tired of talking then forgetting what i was saying.. Argggg My feet are numb right now. Ive had a hard day i am sure the numbness is just starting. :vibes: i know just how you feel.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am sorry, I hope the Dr.'s figure out what is wrong so you can feel better soon.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks fort eh encouragement and well wishes. i did have a b12 test and that was normal. sucks having to get shots, but at least that's something easy to take care of it.
the numbness in my face has them perplexed as well as the numbness ont eh backs of my hands. ah well, it'll get figured out eventually.
thanks for letting me vent before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts