Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/n...lebrated-during-1918-flu-pandemic/6264231002/

"More than 200,000 dead since March. Cities in lockdown. Vaccine trials underway.

And a holiday message, of sorts: "See that Thanksgiving celebrations are restricted as much as possible so as to prevent another flare-up."

But it isn't the message of Thanksgiving 2020. It's the Thanksgiving Day notice that ran in the Omaha World Herald on Nov. 28, 1918"

An interesting look back at the previous pandemic, and the history we seem doomed to repeat.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Indeed! Doomed to repeat the past. I'm seeing it already
I wonder if my work will have to shut down for a couple of weeks after thanksgiving. People are coming in from out of state to visit my boss! She's already elderly and recovering from a car wreck a couple of months back. BUT, if I were in my 70s and reasonably likely to die of something in a year anyway, I might do the same. One of her daughter's has it now and the boss is supposed to be home due to the car wreck but STILL came in to the office to sign paperwork. SHe's a super extraverted person so I think this is all really hard for her.

I prefer t-giving alone and this is the first year I have not, so far, had to fend off a dozen invitations from people who think I'm a sad spinster.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.