Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may be thinking: Isn't this the woman who went to the Renaissance Faire and the Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre and California? Yes!

Give me a chance and I'll travel all over! Hubby and I are leaving for a week on the Delta Queen steamboat, cruising out of Nashville on the Cumberland and Ohio Rivers, to Cincinnati. This will be our 4th cruise on the DQ, and our last. This is the last season for the old boat to be in service.

It has quite a history. It is a National Historical Monument, and also a floating US Post Office. It was put into service during WW2, and also has hosted several famous folks and presidents.

We love the slow pace, about 5 miles per hour), and the leisurely pace aboard. We also love the great food and entertainment, and the opportunity to meet new friends. We love having an on-board historian. The ports give opportunity to explore some famous and educational American historical sites. But most of all, we like to sit in a rocking chair or porch swing on deck, and just watch America go by.

We've planned and saved for this trip for over a year, and now it's almost here!! It's not the most frugal thing in the world, but it's worth it to us. See ya later!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Have a great time!!!!

I would love a cruise but I won't go with DH ~ he drove ships for a living and would spend the whole time telling me what was going on, why they were doing it wrong, and what he would do instead :crackup: I would have to jump to get away from it ;)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Have a great time! :D

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
You are one busy, traveling lady!! LOL! Have a safe and fun trip.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Oh I LOVE the Delta Queen! I grew up right across the river from Cincinnati. I've always wanted to take a river cruise on an old steam boat! :)

Have sssoo much fun and tell Cincinnati Hi :wave: for me!

·
8,714 Posts
~I've always wanted to go on a Riverboat cruise. The Victorian styling on the DQ is really spectacular from the online pics. Hope you have a great time!~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts