Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going 2/29 through 3/3.
It's for our three year anniversary and my 30th bday. I thought it would be fun to go once before we have kids.
DH has never been and I can't wait to show him. It helps that it's ESPN weekend and he is slightly sports obsessed.
I know a couple of you are Disney experts, Neeley, I believe you are one. I might be PMing you some questions.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Sounds like a great way to celebrate botha birthday and an anniversary. Hope y'all have fun.

--Michelle

·
Registered
742 Posts
My husband and I went there on our honeymoon and had a great time.
Have fun!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
We went to Euro Disney in september. It was great! We had a wonderful time especially our 2 boys (3 & 5). They were just in AWE!
Have a fun time and take lots of pictures. Great memories!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
We are going 2/29 through 3/3.
It's for our three year anniversary and my 30th bday. I thought it would be fun to go once before we have kids.
DH has never been and I can't wait to show him. It helps that it's ESPN weekend and he is slightly sports obsessed.
I know a couple of you are Disney experts, Neeley, I believe you are one. I might be PMing you some questions.
I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have or offer any advice. I am not sure I qualify as an expert, but I do go a good bit and am a complete and total Disney addict. Between DH and I we are on several Disney vacation websites daily.

I know you guys will have so much fun. I have not been during the ESPN weekend, but DS (extremely sport obsessed and Disney addict) says it should be an awesome time to go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to go to DW but I've never been to Florida. I'm in California where we have Disneyland. Been there atleast to many times to count. With all the fires we have in Cali. right now...hopefully Disney won't burn down :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm new here but we've been to Disney over 30 times and always on a budget so I'd be more than glad to help! We're going back January 5-13 for our 27the anniversary.

Jennifer

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just want to point out one thing . . .

Don't plan on doing multiple parks on one day. Other than Magic Kingdom and Epcot, the transportation between the parks is miserable. Last night it took us 1 Hour and 45 Minutes to get from MGM to Epcot. That was via the boat. It only took 1 Hour and 10 Minutes via the bus to get from Magic Kingdom to MGM.

The point being . . . Don't fool yourself into thinking you can just "pop over" to the other park.

Just a helpful hint.

·
Registered
147 Posts
We went about six years ago during the last week in February also. It was wonderful! We never had to wait for a ride in any of the parks! We zoomed right thru. Unlike when we went over Christmas last year. We were able to get on FOUR rides at Magic Kingdom one day. It was horrible! One of those rides was with a Fast pass too!
Enjoy - it can be so much fun when it's not crowded.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
wow, cool! Have fun and take lots of pictures!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I just want to point out one thing . . .

Don't plan on doing multiple parks on one day. Other than Magic Kingdom and Epcot, the transportation between the parks is miserable. Last night it took us 1 Hour and 45 Minutes to get from MGM to Epcot. That was via the boat. It only took 1 Hour and 10 Minutes via the bus to get from Magic Kingdom to MGM.

The point being . . . Don't fool yourself into thinking you can just "pop over" to the other park.

Just a helpful hint.
We go at Christmas every year (in other words the most crowded time of the year) and we do multi-parks everyday we are there - fourteen straight days of hopping from park to park. No, you don't just "pop" over to another park but doing more than one park a day is easily done. Also, eventhough we always stay onsite, there are times we use our own vehicle to go from point A to point B.

Gettingrichslowly, I know we talked privately about your trip plans (which sound great BTW)but I also wanted to let you know that Tour Guide Mike is a wonderful tool for how to beat the crowds and get the most out of your time there. It may not be something worth getting for this trip since you really have a great plan already in place, but it may come in handy when you go back in the future.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
How exciting! I have never been and have always wanted to go and take the boys. I guess that will never happen because one has already moved out and started a life of his own.

I hope you have a great time!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts