Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cloud9: Ok, so who else can I share this with that would possibly care or understand?!?! THE VILLAGE!!!

Ok, so before I share this, you have to understand that DH and I are admittedly in a different financial situation than many of you....we're fortunate...and frugal!! :) :) We have had a 0% car loan for 4.5 years....and this morning DH must have finally had enough of my nagging - he said "Let's pay off the car this morning" So I quickly hopped online and transferred the money out of our account and transferred it to Chase Auto before he could change his mind....wait, it gets better - he also bought a riding lawn mower last year with his bonus, but it was a 12 mo same as cash. We hadn't paid anything on it, cause it wasn't due till May, but he said "Let's pay that off too!" WOOHOO - I did that fast too! To top it off, our son was just accepted yesterday in the talented and gifted program at school, so next year he'll be in the public school (we have had to have him in an accelerated private program this year) - so that will free up 269.00 a month next year. 385.oo (car) + 269.00 (school) = 654.00 extra a month on mortgage!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!! In about a month - we hope to be yelling "I'M DEBT FREE!!!!!!!" We only have a c/c with 800.00 and a few 100 in misc medicals left.....we could pay it off right now - but we will wait till next month. The snow may be over - but the snowball is just starting!

Ok, I think that means we are getting ready to leapfrog ourselves somewhere between baby steps 4,5 and 6. We already invest some in retirement, we are investing 100.00 a month for college (not alot, but a start) - and the snowball is starting to roll on top of the mortgage.

Thanks for listening. I don'w want to seem proud or bragging - I am just SO excited!!!! No one else would understand why anyone in their right mind would pay off a zero interest loan early. In the last few months, we have paid off around 9000.00 in zero interest money cause we were sick and tired of making the payments and we wanted the money to go on our mortage of 127000.00 - we could have that paid off in around 5 years or so CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?!? I had no idea that we were that close to being debt free!!!! After paying everything off so far, we have about 9 months of expenses still in savings - (ok, I am done going on and on - thanks for listening!)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
WOW that's great and YOU SHOULD BE BRAGGING! You deserve it, keep up the great work, WOO HOO! :hugz:

·
27,948 Posts
Debt is debt & paying it off is a good thing. I'm sure your creditors who you bought the items from are glad to have it paid in full too. Good for you! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Congradulations. Thats great.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
WTG! deffently Id be yelling yahooo too. Congrats!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is fantastic. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
That's awesome! Your excitement is contagious!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Sing it from the roof tops, sister!! Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Congratulations! I love to hear success stories like yours, it keeps me motivated :). You do deserve to brag!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Good work! Congratulations!

--Michelle

·
Registered
579 Posts
wooooooooohoooooooooo

How wonderful for you!!!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I don't know how I just saw this post. Congratulations!! You have done a really great job!!!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Congratulations!

--Michelle

·
Registered
216 Posts
That is fantastic! You should be so proud!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Fabulous News!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause:

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Good for you! That is awesome! We're working on snowballing too. It's exciting to see the effects! You deserve a brag moment!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts