Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DD has been asking us for 2 years when we will have another baby. DF and I haven't been trying to, but we weren't doing anything to prevent a pregnancy either.

My ex-husband was the one who was "baby making challenged" -is that the right political correctness? :lol: but because of him, I had to go through all sorts of fertility tortures, I mean Treatments, including ICSI, which, frankly, was painful.

I have 7 angels and my DD, my adoption miracle. The docs once told me that I may have a hard time if I try to get pregnant the 'old fashioned way' at the time, I wasn't thinking that some years down the road we would get divorced.

I had a doctors visit on Tuesday, and while they were drawing blood, I had them pull a pregnancy test out of it. I have been feeling ill, and I am 2 weeks late.

I couldn't sleep all Tuesday night and I was on the phone with them first thing Wednesday morning. Negative. Part of me tried to stay positive because I do have surgery coming up, and it would have to be canceled if the test was positive. A big part of me felt depressed. I had a secret hope that we were going to have a baby.

Last night DD had overheard DF and I talking about aggressively trying to have another baby. DD walked up to me and started shouting in to my belly button... "I am your big sister, but I can't be your big sister until you want to come out, so make Momma happy and hatch already!"

I told her that there wasn't a baby in there, so who was she talking to... "I was talking to the eggs and if they don't want to come out, I will scare them out".

She knows that baby comes from eggs... but being 6, I haven't told her exactly what happens to them :lol:

But, with that, DF looked at me, nodded his head and said "You better get a Basal thermometer in the morning"

:hocus: baby dust welcomed :hocus:

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I wish you the best of luck in everything, I guess the fun part is trying, ;) Please keep us updated :)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Sending good :vibes: your way!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Haha! I love it!

My husband and I are doing Natural Family Planning with temp/mucus/and cervical charting. I just had my son 6 months ago... and my second daughter 11 months before that. I think we'll wait a few years before having more. :)
My biggest gripe about it (not the stretch marks or weight gain) was that I couldn't sleep on my tummy. I sleep wonderfully now.

Good luck to you! As long as you enjoy the "aggressive" part. :)

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
LMAO...your little one is just to funny with her comments... I have to say that when I first read your post I thought the DF stood for Dear Father all this time..LOL.. I had to reread it a couple of times to understand that it was your boyfriend and not your dad..LOL.. Anyway angel dust heading your way..

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Sending you lots of baby:hocus: :dust: :babybot: :tedblue: :tedpink: . I wishi you lots of luck and :dust: for a quick conception.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Lots of luck....from the resident "IN-fertile Myrtle" :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
your DD is real funny!!!
Sending you lots and lots of Baby Dust from another one who is trying to have another Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
You can sooo totally have all of my baby dust :crackup:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I wish you the best of luck :).

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Cute DD! Sending baby dust your way, good luck and have fun with fertilizing those eggs so they can hatch. ;)

--Michelle

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I hope that your daughter gets her wish that the egg hatches soon! :laugh: That was just too cute!

:stir: << me making up a special batch of dust for yas ;)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
pm me and ill tell u some old remedies my grand mother said that worked.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts