Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( They found it on a crow. They have advised us to not have any standing water in the yard and stressed the importance of bug repellent.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
That's so scary. The mosquitos have been bad here this year. I pray for the safety of your family. Remember to use that bug repelant!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
They found it close to our little town last year, but so far there has been no reports of it in our province this year. I know they have found it in Ont. and Quebec this year.

Our rain barrels have covers on them. Apparently the mosquitoes that carry this are mosquitoes that breed in standing water only.

They've advised us to:

- use light and loose clothing
- use repellant with Deet in it
- stay indoors early morning and after dusk because these are when the mosquitoes are at their worse

Its so difficult here because we only have a few months of summer and it really limits where we can go and how often we can go outside!!!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I hate bug repellant but we have started spraying ourselves anyway. Our main concern so far has been the ticks. We have to check ourselves each day, especially since dd and I have shoulder length hair. I keep the drops on the pets. Sara be extra careful with the kids. Take care.

pat

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
oh, no...:( that's not fun at all. I hate mosquitoes...It's so scary now, we can't even go outside in peace...

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Just be careful ! Don't let it dominate everything you do.......

·
Registered
25 Posts
The news here also said that if you have poor drainage in your yard....if you have wet spots that take longer than a few days to drain you could be breeding them. They said to pour a little cooking oil in the puddles and that will help.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Sara, have there been any more cases reported? :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts