Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember the crow I talked about awhile back that the neighbour found dead in her yard. Well its been CONFIRMED as West Nile virus.

UGH!! I really didn't need to hear this right now, but its in our local paper and we are being warned to be VERY CAREFUL!!

Just updating all of you in regards to this.

Here are what they've told us to do and I'm sure your all aware of this but just to re-iterate:

- Do not pick up any dead birds (crows, blue jays, magpies, ravens or grey jays).

- If you find it necessary to pick up the bird, don't touch the dead bird with your bare hands. Use a shovel or pull a plastic bag back over your hand to pick up the bird. Place this bag in a second bag and seal. Take care not to scratch or puncture your skin while handling the bird. Once you have done this, promptly wash your hands well with soap and water.

- reduce standing water, such as pools, old tires, children's toys, pet bowls or under flower plants.

- use mosquito repellent containing DEET.

- reduce the amount spent outdoors during peak mosquito hours (at dawn and dusk).

- wear light colored, long sleeved tops and long pants when outdoors

- make sure that door and window screens fit tightly and are free from holes.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Ugh! :( Sorry to hear this CJ....we are being extra careful here.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Yikes CJ!:eek: That is scary that it is so close to your home. Please be careful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts