Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bang: I go to lunch today and am already knowing I am up a creek since I was 30 min late coming back but when I get back my DS11 school had called. Yes DS11 had been suspended for the remainder of the day:ache: and for what??? He smacked a girls butt:shake: they said he could be charged with sexual harrassment if the parents so chose.But it seemed to have been a mutual thing she just wasn't caught. Its normally an expulsion offense but she felt he wasn't being "sexual" just a prepubesent boy. I am at a loss right now just so confused about it all. Just had to vent.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
The entire sexual harasment thing has gotten way out of hand. Good thing he didnt get expelled. Its scary to think how fast you can get into trouble/

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she started it and really tried to protect my DS he said. but the teacher saw it. what makes me sooooo mad is he did this yeaterday at around 10 am he was not spoken to until noon TODAY. I really hate the way the do things at this school

·
Registered
708 Posts
That seems a little crazy...especially if the girl said she started it. It also sounds slightly double-standardish...imagine if a girl smacked a boy's butt and he complained about it; do you think the girl would be suspended?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah it was obvious that it is more of a boy to girl than girl to boy thing because I addressed the issue of these little girls basically coming on to him and she sorta shrugged me off. I don't know its got me twisted tho.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm so sorry this happened!
When my dd1 was in middle school a boy we all knew from like 2nd grade on did this to my dd. She was so mad and it was not something she had started. In her case the Security officer saw it and let him know right away that if we wanted we could press charges.
DD1 thought we should, but we told her that while it was wrong of him to do this we would not press charges.
Once the officer found out we wouldn't be pressing charges he had another talk with the young man and let him know that he should really leave dd1 alone!!
He was and is a pretty nice boy and I really feel that kids see too much on t.v. and all that. I think once they see it they think its ok.
But long story short he has never touched her again and it kind of killed any little crushes that might have lingered in the 6 years they had known each other.
I too feel that the sexual harrassment thing has gotten out of hand he was 13 at the time and we really felt that while it was horrible for dd it didn't make sense to press charges when she basically was unharmed and just mad as he** about it.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Last year at track practice a boy put his hands on my 13 year olds butt and she kicked him down south. He never touched her again.

·
Registered
663 Posts
My story

Ok - I'll probably get a lot of heat for this, but I still laff about it to this day.

My son was probably 6 or 7 and learning about "body parts". He asked a classmate if she had a vagina? Yes, I know - inappropriate. But when the school called me (at work) and told me what happened, they also stated that this particular girl came from "a good Christian family". I was so shocked at the whole incident and the phone call at work that my reply was "What - Christian girls don't have vaginas?" HaHa! That ended the conversation. And yes DS has never had to ask that question again (that I heard of).

·
Registered
663 Posts
My story

Ok - I'll probably get a lot of heat for this, but I still laff about it to this day.

My son was probably 6 or 7 and learning about "body parts". He asked a classmate if she had a vagina? Yes, I know - inappropriate. But when the school called me (at work) and told me what happened, they also stated that this particular girl came from "a good Christian family". I was so shocked at the whole incident and the phone call at work that my reply was "What - Christian girls don't have vaginas?" HaHa! That ended the conversation. And yes DS has never had to ask that question again (that I heard of).

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I personally think all children should be taught the correct names for various body parts and to respect each others bodies. But they all face so many negative influences from music, to television, to sports heros that it is hard to keep them away from negative images. In this case, it sounds like the kids were not doing anything harmful, just "normal" boy/girl stuff. Its not like your son was attacking this girl or anything. The whole thing has just gotten out of hand. I remember my children getting caught "playing doctor" when they were little. No one took a fit, we all used it as a teaching opportunity.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I was so shocked at the whole incident and the phone call at work that my reply was "What - Christian girls don't have vaginas?" HaHa!
I am so sorry but that had me ROFLMAO!!! Kids all came over here asking what wa so funny.
Thank you all for your support we have over come yet another of the many obstacles we have and will have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts